Ch 84 : Truth Revealed

The days passed by in a blur, the Villareals soon left for the north. Arius was quite bitter with Claude for a few days due to him being so secretive about everything.

It had been a week after the debutante, and now Athanasia had begun hosting tea parties at the Palace because Claude was against her going to the nobles houses.

The first tea party was a flawless success and Athanasia had also been instructing Jennette as she prepared for the party. The next party was then arranged by Jennette.

Hosting a tea party looks like a plain and simple social activity, however it is ther center of making connections and exchanging information.

Athanasia's party was a success mostly because the guest list was decided by Claude. Arius realized that if Jennette sent the same girls invitations to the party they would surely reject it.

Even so, Arius suggested for Jennette to invite them.

However, as expected they all wrote back giving reasons as to why they couldn't attend.

So the second party was a failure. However, Jennette didn't seem too disheartened by it.

Arius, Athanasia and Jennette had dinner together that night. Arius sent all servants outside and asked Olivia and Lilian, as well as their knights Cadell and Gunther to guard the door.

"Jennette, how has it been in the Palace lately?" Arius asked.

". . .Its a wonderful experience. Especially thanks to you both I'm really happy these days."

Arius smiled back before carefully choosing his next words.

Ijekiel had brought the confirmation regarding Jennette's birth. Her father's true identity. Arius has discussed with Athanasia and they intended on revealing it tonight.

"Jennette, I wanted to ask you something. What do you want to be when you're older? What is your aim in life?"

"Eh, that's. . ." Jennette became quiet.

"Do you aim to be the Empress? Do you want power and authority?"

"No! I don't want that brother. . . I just want . . .to be happy with my family." Jennette stated as she clutched her dress and lowered her head.

"Being a royal isn't easy." Athanasia brought her hand over Jennette's. "Nobles will always be looking for ways to take advantage of you. You might face betrayals from the people you trust the most as well."

"We know what Duke Alpheus did to you." Arius added.

Jennette flinched upon that statement.

"Jennette, to decide your safety and a future that would be best for you, we need to know this, Do you trust us?" Arius asked.

Jennette wavered for a minute, looking at the other two jewel-eyed royals.

"I do."

Arius and Athanasia looked at each other in agreement. Arius picked up a file from beside his cutlery on the table.

"Dad seemed firm to the belief that you were not his daughter, so I did some digging. I hope you don't mind."

Jennette stared a bit speechless in his direction.

"What. . . did you find?"

"Jennette, you are not his daughter."

Jennette's expression darkened in an instant. But before the shock could make her start crying, Arius revealed the second piece of information.

"You are his niece."

Jennette sat silently, processing this information.

"You are the daughter of the late emperor Anastacius de Alger Obelia and Penelope Judith, a distant relative of the Alpheus Duchy."