Ch 77 : Third Royalty?

Arius stood on the balcony, staring at the crescent moon. The door to the balcony opened and the awaited whitette joined him.

"So,you knew Jennette was a royal?" Ijekiel began as he leaned his arms on the balcony.

"Perceptive as always." Arius smiled.

"Since when?"

"Since the beginning."

"So my friendship was-"

"Don't misunderstand. My friendship with you was in no way connected to that."

". . .I see."

"Thank you for the coffee beans. I enjoyed them." Arius spoke regarding the gift Ijekiel had brought him from Arlanta.

"I though you would." Ijekiel smiled.

Silence reigned over the balcony for a while.

"Kiel, I need your help."

"With the matter with Jennette?"

"Yes. Tell me. Everything you know. There's a sound barrier around the balcony."

Ijekiel took a moment before letting his tongue loose.

Their conversation lasted for a while and to sum all the information Ijekiel gave Arius, He didn't know Jennette was the previous emperors daughter and believed her to be Claude's daughter. The rest of the information as to why she was being raised in Alpheus as a political tool to allow his father to have close connections with the royal family.

And now thirdly, the fact that Roger Alpheus intended on revealing her existence as a royal at tonight's banquet.

Ijekiel gave some details of how the Duke was keen to not inflict physical abuse on Jennette, at least he tried not to.

Arius asked whether she had any fresh bruises as of right now, to which Ijekiel hesitantly nodded.

Apparently, yesterday Jennette was excited to finally meet her father and siblings at the Palace, but Roger told her not to approach them unless said so otherwise.

She obviously retaliated and asked why she couldn't. Their argument turned quite serious as Jennette's only wish up till now was to meet her family. And the result was Roger's orders were beaten into her.

Now that Ijekiel had given up all the information he had, Arius began.

"I can't allow her to go back with you guys. I'm sorry. Do you think my actions will affect you? He wouldn't take his anger out on you will he?"

"Hmph," Ijekiel smirked,"Don't worry about it your Highness, I'm not the same child from back then. I was able to gain some freedom at the Academy so I'm a lot more headstrong now. But Jennette needs help. So please. As her cousin I wish for her safety and happiness. "

"Thank you. She will be safe with us."

Arius and Ijekiel further discussed how to deal with Roger.

Ijekiel had also turned of age so even if something was to happen to Roger, Ijekiel could become the head of the house.

Arius did want to lock him up for the crime of harming royalty, but before that he had to get Jennette to be accepted as royalty.

The two friends decided to delay the matter for now, and let Roger believe he had succeeded in forming a good connection with the royals.

As Arius opened the door to leave the balcony, Ijekiel finally said, "Congratulations on your debut your highness, and Happy Birthday."

The two exchanged smiles and a knowing stare before Arius left.