Ch 33 : Vincent

"Brother!" Athanasia finally saw Arius coming out from the bushes.

Raven jumped on Athanasia and she squealed as she saw the cute creature. 

"Let's discuss them in the carriage, let's go for now." Arius told her .

----

The two were now in the carriage, alongside their knights, in proper uniform.

"Aww what're those?" Cadell asked as he saw the creatures sitting on the laps of the royals.

"This is raven! we saw it in the garden and brother caught it for me." Athanasia raised the creature and smiled.

"And this...is Snow." Arius decided.

"What are they?" Gunther asked as he observed the wings on the back of snow and its peculiar combination of wolf, cat and bird.

A chimera? I'll ask Lucas about it later.

"Its a divine beast. When someone has too much magic to hold in their own body, the extra magic takes the form of an animal and gets pushed out of the body. It'll be reabsorbed naturally once it matures, and we would be able to use it." Arius explained.

"Does that means I'll be a great mage?"

"Well at least we have the potential. But they can be dangerous as well." Arius explained.

Arius noticed Gunther and Cadell looking at Snow. Before Arius could allow them to pet it, Snow himself stood up and jumped on them.

Gunther and Cadell looked freaked out, but also excited as they touched the creature. They looked like children looking with full interest. Well they are children, but they both act mature for the rest of their siblings.

The carriage stopped by an isolated street. The carriage was not the formal royal carriage. They were going in disguise so it was a normal looking carriage.

They stepped out of the carriage. Since blonde hair attracts attention, Athanasia had black hair accompanied by green eyes. Arius had his usual blue eyes, void of any jewel look.

They walked to the base, the carriage was waiting on a main street while their base was located in the depths of the city. Both Raven and Snow became invisible while walking. Athanasia panicked a bit but she could still feel Raven beside her, just invisible.

I suppose they're shy

As soon as they reached they heard loud noises coming from inside. They all shared a glance to each other before running inside to see what was going on.

"Hey! Don't do this here!" Lifa's shouts could be heard.

Gunther reached first and shouted,"What's happening!". He took out his sword and was only a second away from slicing off Jasper's neck.

Clang

Jasper's dagger fell down.

"C-Calm down!" Jasper shouted. And Gunther scanned the room for enemies and relaxing upon spotting none.

Smack

"Ow.." Jasper groaned.

"What. were. you. doing." Gunther asked as he sheathed his sword.

"*Chuckle* We were just sparring!" Someone spoke from across the room.

Purple hair. Grey eyes.

"Vincent..."

"Its been a while, how've you been Gun?" He asked.

"Gunther's here?" Ruby asked as she came out from the kitchen area. Elio following her. Lifa and Mia who were standing behind Vincent widened their eyes when they saw the familiar green hair.

"It is him!" They all began crowding around him and hugging him.

"How's the Palace?"

"Look at your uniform! We're so proud of you!"

"That's our brother!"

"How come you came? "

"Is Cadell not with you?"

"How is Arius?" 

"Uhhh, one at a time!" He shouted making them all stop speaking before sharing a light laugh.

"Uh , Cad was just behind me..." Gunther looked back to see him not there. He looked down the stairs and saw him coming upstairs while holding Athanasia.  Arius was walking behind him.

"Oh let me help! " he spoke but Cadell was already on the second floor.

"What was it all about ?" Arius asked as he also reached.

"Jasper and Vincent were sparring." Lifa explained before hugging Cadell and shaking hands with Athanasia and also Arius.

"You scared the life out of me." Cadell grabbed Jasper and tried to strangle him. Totally safe. 

"You guys came just in time! Vincent was visiting us as well! Ruby and Elio are baking a cake and cupcakes for celebration! The twins went to buy drinks for us. " Lifa gestured for them to sit down.

Athanasia went with Ruby and Elio to the kitchen. The rest of them sat down.

"Arius this is your first time meeting Vincent. " Lifa pointed out. Arius and Vincent were sitting side by side and so they both began conversing amongst each other.

"Its an honour to meet you , Your Highness. " Vincent shook hands with him.

"Don't be so formal. You can just call me Arius" Arius smiled.

"I heard you helped them a lot when I wasn't here. "

Right, this kid has a family...but why does this sound suspicious.

"Not at all. It was all their own efforts."

"Arius, would you like to go for a walk?" Vincent asked and Arius immediately understood he wanted to talk privately.

"Sure." They both stood up.

Gunther , Cadell, Lifa and Jasper were conversing amongst each other.

"Where are you going?" Jasper asked as he saw Vincent and Arius standing up.

"For some exercise." Vincent spoke and ruffled Jaspers hair. 

Gunther stood up, but Arius signalled for him to stay put and enjoy his time. He also gave Cadell a signal to take care Athanasia while he was away.

----

"The weather is quite nice today isn't it, Your Highness?" Vincent asked as he stared at the blue sky, while walking through an isolated alley.

"Yes it is. What is it you wished to discuss, young master of the Lennox County? "

Vincent rose his eyebrows in surprise before turning back to face Arius while smiling wide, "So you knew?"

"Your hair gave it away. The Lennox County is known to have members with lilac hair. Not only that, but you brought all those children together. Not by coincidence or goodwill, right?" Arius asked.

"Then does Your Highness know the real reason I'm helping those children-or exactly who those children are?" Vincent asked.
.
.
.
Vote and Comment!