Ch 27 : Resolve

Cadell stood on the bodies of the assassins. One was dead and the other was unconscious. He had tied the unconscious man and was now quietly heading to Athanasia's bedroom. 

Click

The door opened softly and Cadell slowly and carefully stepped inside so as to not wake up the princess. 

After reaching the bed he saw Athanasia peacefully sleeping. He sighed in relief and then went over to the window which was strangely open.

He scanned outside the window before closing it.

Click

"Uh- Who's there? " A small voice asked.

Cadell turned to see the cute princess sitting up straight and her eyes were glowing amidst the darkness.

The moon which was hidden by the clouds finally was revealed and its moonlight came through the window, illuminating the room and also allowing Athanasia to see Cadell's face and sighing in relief.

"Oh it's just you Cad!"

"Ehe, I apologize for disturbing your slumber, and intruding into your chambers without permission." Cadell spoke as he bowed.

"Woah, the formal speech classes are really doing magic right now... " Athanasia spoke.

They both shared a small chuckle before Athanasia asked him the reason for his 'intrusion'.

"...." Cadell was wondering whether he should tell a seven year old about assassins and killing and all those things.

"Assassins?" Athanasia asked, her eyes filled with worry.

Cadell seemed surprised to say the least. Well, Athanasia was a smart kid.

"So I'm right?"  Athanasia asked.

Her tone had changed from her usual bubbly one to a more mature one. 

"Six assassins attacked Arius in the garden. Two of them are dead the rest followed him to the Garnet Palace."

Athanasia stayed quiet for a while before getting out of her blanket.

"Wait princess where are you-"

Athanasia gave him a look saying 'You really don't know where?'

" *Ahem*, Princess, Arius will be okay, Gunther went with him. And Felix would be at Garnet Palace as well. "

Athanasia still looked worried.

"Your life might also be in danger. But don't worry! cause the greatest swordsman in the whole empire is standing right in front of you!"

"I am, oh, so honoured by thy presence." Athanasia replied leaving Cadell slightly confused about her use of archaic words.

Athanasia then stared out of the window and thought if Arius was okay right now.

Daddy and Felix are at Garnet Palace so he'll be okay!

Click

The door to Athanasia's room opened and Cadell immediately stood in front of Athanasia with his sword in hand.

"Sheathe your sword. " Claude ordered and immediately Cadell did so upon recognizing his voice.

Claude walked over to Athanasia's bed and saw her awake. Athanasia on the other hand saw Arius sleeping in Claude's arms.

"Is brother okay?" She asked Claude.

Claude nodded before sitting on Athanasia's bed. Athanasia would usually be thinking about Claude's intentions , but currently she just scanned her brother for any injuries.

She sighed in relief when she saw none.

"Your report." Claude ordered.

"Six Assassins. Four Followed His Highness towards Garnet Palace. Two stayed behind. One dead, One unconscious. They did not reach the Princess."

"Take the one alive to the prison cells."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

Cadell left the room after smiling at Athanasia. 

Claude's hand suddenly reached Athanasia's cheek and she flinched by his action.

"D..Daddy?" She asked.

"You're not hurt."

Athanasia just stared at him since it sounded like a statement and not a question. 

Claude touched Athanasia's forehead and she suddenly fell asleep. He then layed down Arius on the side of the bed and watched his children as they slept ; occasionally caressing their head.

Soon Felix arrived to Claude and began apologizing for his carelessness.

"You're not the only one at fault." Claude spoke and Felix's eyes widened in surprise.

"No, actually it's not your fault at all." Claude mumbled but Feix heard it.

"Your...Majesty.."

"Theyll be sleeping in my quarters tonight."

Claude picked up Arius and ordered for Felix to hold Athanasia.

------

The piercing rays of the sun awoke the prince and princess early in the morning.

Arius felt tired so he simply turned to another side to go back to sleep. But when he turned he went into contact with something.

Arius opened his eyes in annoyance to see what it was and before him was Claude. He almost screamed before sitting up straight.

From the other side Athanasia also jolted up and they gave each other a confused stare.

"You're awake." A voice spoke.

Both of their eyes shot to Claude's. 

Claude slowly sat up and spread his arms around his two children.

"G,Good Morning, Daddy! And Brother!" Athanasia greeted him.

"Good morning Dad, Athy." Arius greeted them and he smiled.

A genuine smile filled with happiness.

He was glad that he could wake up again and beside those he loved.

"I love you both very much." Arius suddenly stated leaving Athanasia and Claude quiet for a moment..

Athanasia suddenly jumped on Arius with a hug. "We love you too brother!"  Athanasia said as she tightened her hug on him.

Claude also placed his hand on Arius's head and mumbled, "I...love you too, Arius. " 

And once again Arius became a crying mess. His eyes swollen red. But one thing about Arius crying was that his crying was cute, pretty and beautiful. Not like the typical ugly crying.

He looks so cute when he's crying

Athanasia thought before realizing she sounded sadistic. 

Arius had finally decided, that this is his home.

The place where the people he loved were.

The place where he experienced the most positive emotions.

He was beyond happy to have been reincarnated.

And he sometimes felt it was wrong for him to be there since the original Arius deserved these things.

But if the original Arius was here, he would've died by the first assassins and would've ceased to exist.

He decided that he no longer wanted to leave and travel the world, but instead , he wanted to stay in Obelia.

With his family. 

And this time Arius wanted to change everything he had been doing up until now. Just like Cadell and Gunther found a new beginning, Arius too had resolved for a few changes. Starting with being more honest with Athanasia.

.
.
.
Vote and Comment!