Ch 42 : Lunch

"Both of your children have grown up so splendidly." Vivia complimented as she viewed the children eating their food with grace and proper etiquette.

Arius and Athanasia simply smiled at the woman but did not reply since Claude remained quiet as well.

"They're such adorable children." Vivia kept showering compliments as she glued her eyes to the siblings.

This was starting to make them uncomfortable so Arius decided to begin a conversation since Claude was clearly focusing on his food.

"Thank you for your kind words, countess." Arius smiled angelically before asking her a question, "I've heard a lot about the countess brilliant skills from my tutors."

"Oh my , have you? It's an honour."

"The honour is mine to be able to meet someone I highly admire. Despite all your tales I have a question, If you and Sir Felix were to fight, which one of you would be stronger?" Arius asked.

"Felix? hmm...well I'd lose against him. That man's crazy when it comes to the sword." Vivia spoke as she chuckled at the thought.

"So the Knight of Crimson Blood is stronger than the Dancing Lilac? " Arius mumbled and Vivia proudly smiled at her title.

Unlike Felix, she seemed proud of it.

"Prince Arius, are you interested in swordsmanship?" Vivia asked him to which Arius nodded his head.

"Have you started any training with the sword yet?"

"Not as of yet, I intended to when Sir Felix returned."

"Ah, then If I may make a request, would it be alright for Vincent to join you during training?" Vivia asked.

"Mother-" Vincent tried to interject but Vivia elbow punched him in the stomach.

"Well? " She asked smiling, completely ignoring her son, clutching to his stomach in pain.

Arius was surprised to say the least, but he had to reply or else it'd be rude. "Frankly, I don't like your son." Arius replied honestly and Claude began glaring at Vincent who was already shrinking due to his mother's hit.

Athanasia looked at Arius, since she was caught off guard by his sudden honesty.

"But if we train together, I'll have several opportunities to beat him up, so I accept it." Arius concluded, to which Vivia burst out laughing.

"How rude!" Vincent spoke out.

Her laugh resembling Vincent's and immediately Arius knew Vincent took after Vivia a lot. No wonder he didn't like that woman. He felt bad for the husband.

"That would be appreciated! " Vivia replied, still laughing slightly.

Arius noticed Claude staring at him. The two looked at each other for a while.

"What did that boy do?" Claude asked still glaring at Vincent.

"Nothing. I just don't like him." Arius shrugged.

He did initially find Vincent suspicious. And later on Vincent also told him about his mothers admiration for the emperor.

"Countess, How do you and Daddy know each other? You knew Felix as well." This time , Athanasia who has been observing the interactions asked.

"Ah, well me and Claude- Now His Majesty, used to go to the same academy. Felix was also there. It was a foreign academy and we met there. Felix and I were in the swordsmanship department, and His Majesty was in another one. But since Felix used to go find him every minute he got, I also met him and we spent a lot of time together at the academy. "