Ch 62 : Feeling Blue

His cousin. 

Lucas suddenly popped up in front of Arius, causing Arius to flinch backwards.

"What's gotten you looking so glum?" He asked as he sat beside Arius on the couch.

Arius sighed again and leaned on the couch, closing his eyes. "Where's Athy?"

"In the garden."

Arius opened his eyes and gave Lucas a confused expression.

"What's she doing there?"

"Oh well, long story short, she wanted to use magic."

Arius was mentally exhausted for some reason so he let out another sigh and spoke in a whisper, "Elaborate."

And with one word Lucas began explaining in such an exaggeration and self praising himself, but after a ten minute long story, Arius could place the pieces together and concluded the following :

The two of them decided to spy on Arius's meeting with the Villareals but Athanasia decided she be the one to cast the teleportation and invisibility spell. Lucas and Athanasia argued about it for the first few minutes but Lucas ended up complying because Athanasia said something (Lucas didn't mention what she said). And so after trying for twenty minutes they successfully transported! to the forest.

Afterwards Lucas deciding to teleport them back to Emerald Palace, but Athanasia being stubborn Athanasia, she insisted she be the one. And so they've been practicing magic in the forest since then. And Lucas just got tired from her stubbornness and teleported back.

"Don't worry though, she'll get tired eventually and come inside." Lucas assured him.

Arius groaned in exhaustion, "Lucas, I think we both know Athy has unstable mana, what if something happens again?"

"It's stable right now."

"How do you know?"

"I just came from her side."

"But do you know she's okay right now?"

Lucas groaned in annoyance as well. "Can you stop being such a doting and overthinking brother?" He stood up and shouted at Arius.

"What are you even-"

"If you're sooo worried about her, go check on her yourself. I don't get why you don't trust my skills."

*SLAM*

Athanasia entered the study room.

"See!" Lucas shouted as he pointed his hand towards Athanasia.

"See what? Oh, Brother you're back! "

"I wasn't talking to you idiot." Lucas muttered.

Arius let out another sigh. "Hey Athy. "

"How did your meeting go? " Athanasia asked cheerily as she sat beside Arius.

"Well from the looks of it, it went bad."

"Why? What happened brother?"

Arius gave out a deep sigh. "It went good, I had a fun time."

"Then why do you look so . . . so right now?" Athanasia asked.

"What do you mean?" Arius asked.

Athanasia and Lucas shared a glance and the two of them then looked at Arius with a similar stare.

Arius placed his arm over his face as he leaned his neck on the couch.

"I really did have fun with them. I just feel a bit tired right now, I remembered some. . . bad stuff." His voice got lower and lower as he spoke.