Ch 80 : End of Debutante

"Why don't you guess?" The man replied.

Arius racked his brain to figure out who this man was. But was distracted by the movement of the mans feet closer to Arius.

"Princess Jennette De Alger Obelia." He spoke after his first step. "I do wonder, why you are helping her get into the Palace?"

Arius edged to the balcony and wondered if jumping was a good idea or not, but also answered the man's question. "She is my cousin. She's family. She deserves everything we do."

"Ha, trying to sound noble? I didn't come to hear your excuses." The mans eyes glowed brighter.

Arius used his mana to slowly build a barrier around himself. He wondered where the hell Lucas was positioned as a guard.

The man stepped closer. "Unlike you, I don't always have ulterior motives behind my actions." Arius spoke.

"Unlike me? Hah, you sound just like your father." The man suddenly walked swiftly towards Arius, breaking his barrier in seconds and placing his hand around his face.

"This is my last question, boy. What do you intend on doing to Jennette once she enters the Palace?"

Arius placed his one hand on the mans arm which was stretched to his face.

Jewels glared at Jewels. The mans intimidating magic energy seemed to be seeping out and Arius did the same with his mana. Arius replied through their glares, "Protect. her."

The man's jeweled eyes widened in anger, but he stepped back. Withdrawing his hand from Arius.

He gave Arius one last glare before walking to the balcony door.

"Not so fast." A voice spoke from behind Arius. Standing on the balcony bars was Lucas, as he snapped his fingers and the door jammed. He hovered his hand towards the man, in an attempt to bind him.

The man looked back to glance at Lucas concentrating his magic before suddenly disappearing.

"Tch!" Lucas sounded before stepping down onto the balcony.

"You should go after him! He probably didn't teleport far." Arius told him before getting lost in his own train of thoughts. Who was that man? Was he... concerned for Jennette? And since the protection spell Claude had cast on him didn't activate, does that mean the man didn't mean to harm him?

The surroundings were quiet, allowing Arius to think easily.

He had unconsciously been looking at the stone floor while thinking, and his thoughts came to a halt when he noticed the pair of black shoes that stepped in front of him.

Raising his head, he saw rubies staring at him. He stared back for a while before realizing what his presence here meant.

"L-Lucas, you should go after him!"

The warlock sighed. "He's no longer on Palace Grounds."

"Oh. . . he teleported that far?" Arius averted his eyes from the still staring rubies as he delved deeper into his thoughts.

And once again his thoughts were disturbed, when the warlocks right hand brushed over Arius's cheeks. "Did you get hurt? They're red."

Arius's brain froze for a second. He soon brought his own hand towards his cheek, making Lucas retract his hand. "He only grabbed my face, but not too tightly, so it doesn't hurt."

Although, Arius said that, his cheeks were now unconsciously turning a brighter red. Lucas's concern soon turned to realization that Arius was blushing.

This made him a bit flustered as well.

The two now stood in silence, both controlling their facial expressions.