Ch 41 : Doubt

4 wins, 0 losses for Ijekiel and 4 losses and 0 wins for Arius.

"You're...really good at this game..." Arius complimented him as he moved another one of his pieces.

"Your Highness isn't bad himse-" Before Ijekiel could complete his sentence Arius gave him the look of 'Don't. Just, Don't '

Arius sunk his head down.

This kid...is really extraordinary. As he said, I'm not usually bad at chess but his strategies in this game are just too good. He's not even reincarnated, just where is this talent coming from???

"Now now Your Highness, don't take a mere game too seriously...should I let you win this time?"

"There's no point if you allow me to win." Arius pouted and picked up a cookie from the plate beside them.

"Uh then...how about we practice daily? " Ijekiel asked while fiddling with his fingers.

'He can be shy? Cute.'

Arius grinned at him while agreeing to his idea.

"This much is enough for today then!" Arius exclaimed as he stood up from his seat.

It had been an hour or more since they had been playing. Arius's mind drifted towards other possible activities they could do when Ijekiel suggested an idea, "Then , how about taking a walk in the garden? You must be tired from sitting in a chair all this time."

Ijekiel smiled at him

'How thoughtful.'

---

The two talked a whole lot as they walked through the garden. Ijekiel slowly eased up around Arius and the two began talking simply as friends, placing their status aside. That included more casual addresses.

"Kiel, is there a reason you're going all the way to Arlanta for studies?"

"Uh, Father said that it would be nice to make some friends with nobility from other kingdoms...so..."

Arius suddenly placed his hands on both shoulders of Ijekiel and asked him dead seriously, "And are you going just because of what he said?"

Ijekiel looked a bit nervous and he avoided eye contact with Arius , leading Arius to the conclusion that he was.

"Kiel..." Arius loosened his grip on Ijekiels shoulders and continued, "Do you like studying?"

"Yes, I find the concept of discovering new things interesting."

"But there's a limit. And also priorities. Sure, studying is important but your father isn't doing this for your education but the connections you would form from this opportunity." Arius spoke seriously, his eyes looked straight into Ijekiel's. The latter's eyes which seemed confident during their chess time, seemed to be slightly wavering over the prince's words.

Arius completely let go of him and began walking forward slowly while continuing.

"Although I agree, this would be helpful for you, but...is this really what you want? " Arius looked at him with a sympathetic look.

Ijekiel seemed to be lost in some deep thoughts.

"Big brother, don't leave." The words of a certain young girl rushed back to his head.

Arius smiled slightly. The first seed of doubt has been sowed.

----

Ijekiel left after their walk through the garden. Arius was lazily sitting on the couch in his room, while reading a certain novel by his favourite author yet. 

He paused for a moment and looked out of his window. Remembering his time with Ijekiel, thoughts overwhelmed.

'Was I being too evil? Basically, being a bad Influence on the kid. But, he's going abroad just to study and make connections. His father is practically using him as a pawn. All for what? Exactly what is Duke Alpheus thinking?'

Arius kept staring out of his window and onto the clouds scattered through the vast sky.

Creak

Athanasia carefully came inside and shut the door. She sat beside Arius up on the couch. Arius looked at his little sister, being too lazy to start a conversation. He was greeted by a similar look from Athanasia, which forced him to ask her what happened.

"Gun and Cad...met Vincent."

'oh...right, they must be shocked.'

"Where are those two right now? And oh right, you went to meet dad, how'd it go?"

Athanasia's face went pale over the question and Arius didn't need to even ask her to know that they would soon have a third mom.

A moment of silence remained as the two siblings stared into absolutely nothing.

Everything was happening so fast, they needed some time to process everything. 

"I wanna see dad. Athy, instead of keeping our thoughts to ourselves, let's just talk to dad about it."

Athanasia nodded.

The gloomy atmosphere broke when Olivia came inside to inform the siblings about Lunch with Claude.

---

The two entered the Garnet Palace for lunch. Their knights stood outside the dining room while the royal siblings went inside.

"Glory and Blessings upon the stars of the Obelian Empire. I, Vivia Lennox, greet Your Highnesses. "

"Glory and Blessings upon the stars of the Obelian Empire. I, Vincent Lennox, greet Your Highnesses."

The two spoke in unison.

'Vincent...and his mother?' Arius thought as he viewed the two lilac heads.

'But what are they doing here? in the dining...Oh Dad's here too!'

Arius looked at Athanasia who seemed to be confused as well.

"Greetings to you as well Countess, and Young lord." The two royals greeted politely.

"Arius, Athanasia. " Claude called to them and the two children ran up their fathers seat.

"They will be joining us for today's lunch." Claude told them. The two nobility present within the room carefully began sitting on the chairs surrounding the table.

The woman, Vivia Lennox, took the seat closest to the emperors. The seat on which Athanasia would usually sit. The siblings decided to sit side by side and exactly in front of them sat the noble guests of the day.

The siblings wanted to talk with Claude, alone. But their plans were ruined and not only that, but another problem arose,

Claude was quiet.

When Vivia Lennox sat on the seat of Athanasia. Claude didn't say anything.

Arius could feel himself get mad slightly but he decided he was overthinking and making up conclusions. Right, Claude must have a good reason for allowing a noble, to have lunch with him.

Arius's eyes glowed coldly as he stared at the noble who had stolen his father's attention and time.

Vivia Lennox

The name itself brought a wave of annoyance to Arius's head. This little lunch time is gonna be quite the hell.

.
.
.
Vote and Comment!