Chapter 1: Beca's POV

Well today's the big day. Today's the day I finally move into college. No more rules, no more early classes, I mean it's almost perfect. It's not what I really want to do, I would rather be in LA starting my career as a music producer but my dad had other plans for me. The thing that really sucks about all of this is that my dad teaches comparative literature at Barden, so he's still watching my every move. Although, it's not like I care what he thinks anyway, but going to college like he wants me to is the only way I will get to pursue my dream. I choose not to get a ride from my dad to Barden due to the simple fact that I can't stand the Stepmonster, Sheila.

Dad and Sheila got married after my parents divorced and they think we're this perfect family. I will never trust Sheila because she was the reason my parents marriage fell apart. The reason my parents got divorced was because my dad was cheating on my mom with Sheila. I haven't seen my mother since the divorce was finalized and I don't know if I ever will as long as Sheila's in the picture.

I finally arrive at Barden in the taxi and I'm greeted in one of the strangest ways possible. A guy in a passing car sang Carry on my Wayward Son to me and I wasn't sure if I should be flattered or if I should have felt bad for him for making himself look like an idiot.

Later on I decided to explore the activities fair. I didn't go to the activities fair expecting to find some club that would "change my life" because I don't believe that stupid bullshit. Then I saw her. She was absolutely flawless. From her flowing red hair to her sparkling blue eyes I couldn't find one thing about her that wasn't perfect. I walked over to the booth and she introduced herself, "I'm Chloe and this is Aubrey. Do you have interest in joining our A Capella group?" Everything she said was extremely cheerful. Normally I would find this obnoxious but it seemed cute when she did it in a way I can't ever really explain. I told her no but I really truly regret it because I want to know more about Chloe. I knew from that moment that I felt something for Chloe. I just wish I could tell her how I feel, if only it were that easy.