Chapter 5: Beca's POV

Chloe and I have been dating for almost two months, and it has honestly been the happiest two months of my life. We do everything together and we really make each other happy. Everyone says were the perfect duo: Badass Beca and Softie Beale. I have been able to open up to Chloe about things that I rarely talk about such as my parent's divorce, which is very hard for me to talk about. I have never felt so comfortable around anyone in the way that I do when I'm with Chloe. If this is what true happiness feels like then I never want this feeling to go away.

Everything has been going really smoothly and I haven't really had a care in the world. Until I had a realization that snapped me back to reality. I missed my period and I had no idea why. I couldn't remember hooking up with anyone, but then I soon remembered my little drunken one-night stand with Jesse a couple weeks ago. There is absolutely no way I could be pregnant with Jesse's baby. Chloe would kill me and probably think me and Jesse hooking up was more than just a drunken mistake. Maybe I'm not pregnant, I'm only a few days late so there's no reason to start jumping to conclusions. I decide to be optimistic and just wait things out.

A week passed and I started to raise some concern. What if I really am pregnant with Jesse's baby? How would I tell Chloe? What would I tell Jesse? How would I be able to afford to take care of a baby on a college salary? All these questions came flooding into my head, which made me feel dizzy and puke in the plastic houseplant on Kimmy Jin's desk. I decided that my only option is to get a pregnancy test so I know what the fuck is going on.

I go to the drug store and grab the most expensive pregnancy test that they have so I would get the most accurate results. I got back to my dorm, took the test, and then there was the waiting period. The longest five minutes of my entire life. When the timer went off I almost didn't want to flip the test over, but I knew that I had to. I stood there in the bathroom with the test in my hand completely shocked. I'm pregnant with Jesse's baby and Chloe is going to think I have been cheating on her. I fall to my knees and start bawling my eyes out. I was finally happy and in a perfect relationship and now I'm not sure if I'm even going to have a girlfriend once I tell Chloe about this. The only thing I could think right now is: what the fuck did I get myself into?