Chapter 11: Beca's POV

Today I have my first doctor's appointment. I tried to contact Jesse to see if he wanted to come but he wouldn't even answer his phone. I asked Chloe instead and she didn't even hesitate to say yes. This is why I love her, she is such a ray of sunshine and she makes even the worst times seem a little better. In the car on the way to the doctor, my nerves started to get the best of me. I guess Chloe seemed to notice when she stopped at a red light she reached over and grabbed my hand. I don't understand how she does it but she always manages to calm my nerves.

When we arrive at the doctor's office, I hesitated to get out of the car. Chloe looked back at me and saw the fear in my eyes. "You okay there, Mitchell?"

"I don't know if I can do this, Chlo." Tears started streaming down my face. I have never been this nervous about anything before and I didn't know what to do.

"Listen to me, babe. You can do this. You're one of the strongest women I've ever met and you're going to make an amazing mother. I'll be here for you every step of the way Beca. I love you so fucking much."

"I love you too."

We kissed before heading into the building, holding hands. When we got into the waiting room it was extremely awkward, considering that most people in the waiting room were straight, married couples while Chloe and I were gay and not even married. Not to mention that the actual father doesn't even care that he is having a child. I'm only 19 years old and barely through my freshman year of college and I'm preparing for a baby. I was about to run to the bathroom to go bawl my eyes out when the nurse called my name.

Doctor Jackson, I think that what his name was, made things a lot easier than I thought they were going to be. He took measurements of what he needed to which was really fucking boring if I'm being completely honest. When he was done with that, he asked if I wanted to hear the heartbeat and I said yes. It was literally the most insane thing I have ever heard in my life. This whole time I was thinking it was all a dream. Hearing the baby's heartbeat made it feel so real all of a sudden, and I completely lost it. Then he did an ultrasound which made me cry even harder than I was before. When he was done with all the exams and things we went into his office to talk about appointments and things that stood out to him during the exam. To my surprise, it turns out that I am already three months pregnant. We schedule my next appointment for next month and he sends me on my way.

As we were walking out of the office I whispered to myself quiet enough so that Chloe didn't hear, "I'm having a baby. This is really happening."