Chapter 6: Chloe's POV

Beca seems really checked out the last couple of days. I mean she's acting really distant again and she basically only leaves her dorm for class and Bella's rehearsals. I want to ask her why she has been so checked out but I'm afraid that will only make her more upset. At the same time, it kills not knowing what's going on with her and I need to ask Beca what is going on. I decide to wait a few more days hoping that this would work itself out, it didn't. It's been a week since Beca and I had a normal conversation, which worries me. I head over to Beca's room and knock on the door.

"Beca? Babe are you home?"

It seemed unusually quiet in Beca's room. Normally she would be blasting a new mix so loud that you could hear it all the way down the hall, but today there was nothing but silence when I put my ear to the door. Finally, I heard footsteps coming toward the door. Beca opened the door and she looked like she had been bawling her eyes out.

"Bec are you okay? You look like you've been crying for hours."

"Yeah, Chlo. I'm...I'm fine"

She seemed so hesitant to tell me anything and it really worried me. I walked into her room and sat down on her bed next to her and we sat in silence for what seemed like an eternity. It was almost like Beca was at a loss for words. I knew there was something bothering her but she just couldn't seem to get the words out. Until finally Beca spoke, but she spoke very quietly.

"Hey Chlo, I gotta tell you something."

"What is it, babe?"

"You remember when Jesse and I hooked up right?"

"It's hard to forget. I saved your ass from Aubrey so you could stay in the Bella's. What about it?"

"Look Chlo, there's no easy way for me to tell you what I'm about to tell you and I fully understand if you want to break up with me..."

I interrupted her, "Bec nothing you ever do or tell me would make me stop loving you. Were supposed to honest with each other and I can't get mad at you for being honest with me. Beca, look at me. I love you so much and nothing will ever change that, regardless of whatever you're about to tell me."

"Ok, well then here goes nothing," she took a really long pause like she didn't know what to say next or how to say it, "I'm pregnant with Jesse's baby."

I couldn't believe what she had just said to me. So the only thing I could do was sit there shocked. It felt like someone had just ripped my heart from my chest. The only thing that I think of sitting on Beca's bed in the silence was: what the fuck are we gonna do?