Chapter 23: Beca's POV

Chloe went out to get us lunch, and while she was gone I decided to work on some new mixes. However, shortly after the ginger left, I was interrupted by the ringing of my phone. It was an unknown number but I answered anyway figuring it was just a prank.

"Hello?" I said into the line.

"Beca? Is that really you?" The caller asked.

"That would be me. Can I ask who's calling?"

"Beca, it's mom." I couldn't believe what I just heard. I haven't seen or heard from my mom in six years and now she decides to call. Something about it made me feel uneasy.

"Mom, why did you leave?"

"Beca I felt like I had no choice. Your father wanted Sheila, and I didn't want us to stay together because we had you. I wanted you to have a good life."

"So you left me with the step-monster and dad? I wanted to stay with you, Mom." I felt the tears begin to well up in my eyes, "I've missed you so much."

"Beca I've missed you too. I actually called to see if you wanted to meet up for dinner tonight, to catch up. Its been way too long."

"I would really like that, mom." I allowed a tear to escape my eye.

"Alright, I'll see you tonight, Beca-boo."

"See you tonight." I could feel the tears still streaming down my face as I hung up the phone. Of course, Chloe walked in at this exact moment.

"Babe, what's wrong?" The ginger asked in her soft, sweet voice.

"My mom called," I said between sobs, "She wants to have dinner tonight."

"Do you want to go?"

"I really do," I paused, "I just don't know what to say to her Chlo. It's been six years since I've even seen her."

"Do you want me to go with you, Bec?"

"Could you? I'd feel a lot better if you did."

"Of course I can," she said lightly rubbing my back, "Now let's get ready."