Chapter 9

Emily POV
"Hey, do you need a hand?" I asked as I entered the kitchen to see a stressed Mason.

The girls were with their boys being all loved up in the living room whilst the others are talking football and playing fifa as per usual - basically they were just being boys.

"Yes please." Mason smiled, relived for some help. "So what are we making? I asked as I walked over to him. "Lasagne but I've not made it by myself before." He said nervously as he put the rest of the ingredients on the counter.

We organised who was doing what and started on the recipe. We worked good as a team and everything was going well. We talked and laughed a lot. I've always felt at ease with Mason, even with everything I went through with my ex.

"Everything ok in here?" Ben asked as he walked into the kitchen with Logan. "We're fine. I'm just helping Mason." I smiled.

Mason looked at me and he still looked relieved that I was here helping him.

Although I felt some tension between Mason and Ben but it might just be all in my head.

"Emily, why don't we sort out the table and we'll leave the boys to finish off the food." Logan said to me. I looked at Mason and he nodded. We went into the dining room leaving the boys by themselves.

Mason POV
The girls left to go to the dining room. I didn't want Emily to leave, she was a big help and was keeping me calm.

"Why did you do that for?" I complained, referring to what had just happened. "I was happy with Emily." I added. "You were both getting too comfortable with each other and it would end up with Declan asking questions that I don't think you're ready for yet." Ben explained. "What makes you think that?" I asked, acting delusional. "Because you haven't spoken to Emily yet and Declan is going to start asking questions that you won't have answers for. You need to speak to Emily and soon." Ben said.

I paused for a second and thought about what he said. Ben is right. I don't know Emily feels about me. I could tell her how I feel about her and she might not see me that way and it'll make things awkward to the point where she might not hang out with us anymore. I don't even know what I'm going to tell Declan yet.

"I'm scared she's not going to feel the same way." I confessed. Ben looked a bit shocked. "Don't be stupid. You can tell how she feels just by walking into the kitchen and seeing the both of you together. Don't overthink it, just speak to her and then you can speak to Declan. Just be you Mason." He smiled. I nodded and thanked him.

I need to think of what to do.