Chapter 15

Emily POV
The girls definitely did a good job of cheering me up this afternoon. I'm feeling a bit more like my normal self.

I am a bit nervous to go to Declan's to see everyone, especially to see Mason. The boys have been texting me to make sure I'm ok which has made me smile.

I wore a white top, black leggings and my Jordans. My hair was down and naturally wavy and I had a bit of makeup applied.

"Are you ready?" Amelia asked me as we pulled up onto Declan's drive. I nodded. "I think so." "You've got us girls right by your side and you know the boys will look after you no matter what." Logan added. I smiled knowing the love and support I have.

We walked inside and found some of the boys on the sofa, laughing loudly. Jessie squeezed my hand, reassuring me I'll be fine.

"You guys are finally here. It's about time." Aaron Cresswell joked, giving us all a hug. "I've missed your jokes." I giggled as I hugged him. I pulled away and then I locked eyes with the boy who basically has my heart. "Hey." Mason spoke softly as he walked over towards me. "Hi." I replied. We didn't know what to say to each other.

"Hey Emz. Can you come and help me with the drinks please?" Declan asked, bringing my focus to my twin. I nodded and followed him to the kitchen where it was a bit more quiet. "You two need to talk to each other." He said straight away. "I just don't know what to say to him." I sighed. "Tell him how you feel. I know you like him but Mason doesn't. He thinks he's done something to upset you and it's killing him. Don't let your past with Leighton destroy your future with Mason." Declan spoke. I smiled at his supportive words. "Since when did you get all soppy." I giggled.

Declan rolled his eyes with a slight smile. "I want you to be happy Emz." He said, giving me a hug. He pulled away and then started to get the drinks ready for everyone. "You have to talk to him today." Declan repeated again. I nodded, knowing he was right - believe it all not he is often right.

We had just finished a game of fifa and we had bit of a break before the next game. Logan and Ben are doing well in their relationship. Jessie and Tammy are loved up and have made everything official, their fans were ecstatic for them. Now it's my turn.

I saw Declan mouth 'talk to him'. I took a deep breath and headed outside. I decided to text Mason and asked him to come outside.

I was sat on the chairs outside, tapping my foot with so much nerves. It had been a few minutes. I was starting to panic.

What if he doesn't want to talk to me? What if hadn't got the message?

I was interrupted by Mason joining me outside. "Hey, I didn't think you would come." I said. "Why wouldn't I?" Mason asked, sitting next to me. I shrugged. "Maybe because you know about my past." I said, looking down. "Emily your past has not changed my feelings for you. You're so strong for getting through all of that. I'd be lucky to have you." He spoke, trying to make me believe him. I blushed at his comment.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you for the past week." I looked in his brown eyes. "It's fine. I get you needed space." "I wanted to talk to you but I was scared." I confessed. "Scared of me?" He asked, a bit taken aback from what I had said. "Scared of getting hurt by the boy I like." I spoke softly. Mason looked a bit shocked. "You like me?" I nodded slowly which caused Mason to have a huge smile on his face.

"I do have a question, why didn't you tell me about Leighton sooner?" Mason looked concerned. "Declan didn't want any of the boys knowing, not even you." I said looking back into his eyes. "I always had a bad feeling about him, we all did especially Declan. But I'm not like Leighton, I would never ever do that to you." He said. "Mason I'm scared of getting hurt again. I've not been with anyone since him. I've got my guard up and I just don't let anyone in." I confessed as I stood up and started pacing, tears rolling down my cheeks. "I would never ever do that to you Emily. Please let me prove it and let me show you how you should be treated." He said, walking over to me.

I looked in his eyes as he gently wiped my tears away. "You didn't flinch." Mason said, a bit surprised. "I've always felt safe with you, it's just when I spoke about Leighton I thought it was him touching me." I shivered at the thought of his name. "Let me protect you. I'm serious when I say I'll do anything for you. I'll prove it if you give me a chance. One date, please." He pleaded. I nodded slowly. "Is that a yes?" He asked, trying not to get too excited. "Maybe we will take things slow but yes I'll go on a date with you." I smiled.

Mason beamed and pulled me into a hug and kissed my shoulder, holding me close.

Mason POV
I can't believe it. I have no words. She's giving me the chance. This feeling is better than I could ever have hoped for.