Chapter 26

Declan POV
Emily came home a couple of days ago. The doctor gave us advice on what to do to help Emily with her memory. We decided to take her back to hers, I've moved in with her to keep an eye on her. She remembers her family and her two friends, Amelia and Jessie but that's about it.

"Emily you should be resting." Our mum said as we walked into her room to see her looking out the window. "Mum stop fussing." Emily moaned, sitting on the bed next to her. Me and my dad were standing next to each other, our backs against the wall.

"I want the honest answer. How much have I actually forgot?" Emily asked.

We all looked at each other, trying to work out how to tell her.

"Quite a bit unfortunately." Dad said. "You are a social media influencer, you live here alone but you're always gate crashing boys night." I chuckled. "You have another best friend called Logan, she is dating Ben from Chelsea." I explained.

Emily looked a bit shocked. I showed Emily her social media accounts and she was surprised. Word had got about the crash and so many people were wishing Emily a speedy recovery. It was overwhelming for me and my family to receive so much love and support.

Emily started to tear up. "Oh honey, you'll remember all of this in your own time. Don't put pressure on yourself." Mum said, giving her a hug.

I felt useless, I wanted to do something to help but I don't know what that is.

My parents headed downstairs and I stayed with Emz. "So you have told me I'm not dating Leighton which I don't know why I thought we were good together, but why was Mason at the hospital? Why was he so upset?" Emily questioned.

I told her what Leighton did to her and we both had a bit of a cry. She couldn't believe she allowed someone to do that to her.

"And Mason..." I took a deep breath. "I think that's best coming from him but not today. So do you fancy coming to my game tomorrow. Coincidentally we're playing Chelsea, I know the boys want to see you." I said. Emily nodded.

Jessie and Amelia have been round today as well, we all thought it would be best for her to talk to her best friends.

Emily POV
Me and the girls sat upstairs in my room. They told me about Logan, our other best friend. She didn't come because she didn't want to put pressure on me. They kept telling stories of what we use to get up but then kept apologising because I can't remember.

"Girls please don't apologise. I want to hear these stories. I know I can't remember everything but these stories are helping, I promise." I smiled. The girls smiled knowing they were helping even a little bit. "Plus some of them are hilarious." I laughed. "We got up to some mischief girl." Jessie said, hugging me. "And no doubt we will be causing more in the years to come." Amelia giggled.

It is frustrating not knowing what happened before the crash but I'm wanting to know everything and I will find out the truth.