Chapter 24

Declan POV
Emily was heartbroken. I know she didn't mean what she said and I know she knows Mason is telling the truth. Her emotions got the better of her.

Mason is so upset with himself, he wanted to go after her but we said it's best to give her some space.

A few hours had passed, no one had heard from Emily and we were getting worried. I felt my phone vibrate, I was praying it was Emz.

"Hello?" I said. "Hello, can I speak to Declan Rice please?" The stranger asked. "Yes this is Declan Rice." I replied a bit confused. "I'm Dr Hunter. I am sorry to have to say this to you but your sister Emily has been in a car crash." The doctor said. "What?! Is she okay?" "Unfortunately it was quite a bad crash and she is in a coma."

I felt my heart break, my world fell a part.

"Please can you come in?" The doctor asked. "Yes I'll be right over." I said, wiping my tears.

"Dude is everything ok?" Grealish asked. I shook my head. "That was the hospital." I spoke.

The attention was on me. Mason looked scared of what was going to come out of my mouth.

"Emily has been in a car crash." I cried. "She's in a coma."

They all looked shocked.

"I'm sorry I need to go to the hospital." I excused myself. "I'll come with you." Mason said. I smiled. I needed the support around me. "Let us know if anything changes." Chilly said. I nodded.

Mason POV
My whole world came crashing down. The girl of my dreams, my girl, is now in hospital in a coma because of me. I tried to keep the tears in, I had to be strong.

We arrived at the hospital and the nurse kindly showed us to Emily's room. Declan went straight in but I stopped myself. I looked through the window and there she was. Lying in that bed with all the wires attached to her.

Declan had just finished talking to the doctor. I walked in, Declan was holding her hand and crying.

"How is she?" I asked nervously. "She's stable. They've had to do an operation on her but they don't know when she will wake up." Declan cried.

I gave him a hug, trying to reassure my best friend. Declan's phone started to ring. "It's my mum. I better take it." Declan said as he left the room.

"Hey baby, it's me." I said sitting down. "Please wake up Emz. I'm so sorry." I cried, kissing her hand gently. I felt like I've lost my entire world.

Declan's family were now here and I thought it would be best to give them some space.

"Mase you can stay you know. I know my daughter cares about you a lot, she would want you here." The twins dad said to me

I smiled slightly. They didn't know the truth and if they did, they wouldn't be saying that. I know they would blame me and would never allow Emily to date me anymore.

"It's ok, you need to be with your daughter." It killed me to say that because I wanted to stay. "I'll ring you first if there's any news." Declan said as he hugged me. "She'll get through this." He mumbled, trying to hold back the tears.

I went home and just stood in my bedroom room not knowing what to do. I found one of Emily's hoodies on my bed which made me burst out into tears. I held it close to me, taking in the scent; it smelt of her.

It's 4am and I couldn't sleep. If I close my eyes all I see is Emily. I decided to go for a run. I needed to do something to stop me from hating myself.

I got changed and headed out. I didn't know where I was running to but it was a start.

All I could think of was Emily. My gorgeous girl. I waited so many years to be able to call her mine and then someone else had to ruin it and she ended up in hospital. She didn't believe she was good enough for me; I told her everyday that she's my one and only, my princess.

What if I never see her again? What if that stupid argument was the last thing I remember of her? I want her for the rest of my life, I can't imagine my life without her.

Please baby, please wake up. I thought out loud.