Chapter 29

Emily POV
I slowly woke up to the sun beaming through my blinds. A smile crept on my face. I'm happy with what happened yesterday with Mason. He was completely honest about everything which I do respect him for; he could have told me a pack of lies but he didn't, he told me the truth and I know it was hard for him.

I looked at my phone to see a text message from the Chelsea midfielder.

Mason💙
Good morning Emz. You fell asleep on me last night so I put you to bed, I didn't stay over. I will ring you after training later to make sure you're okay x

That text melted my heart. He is such a gentleman. I smiled knowing he took care of me. I kind of wished he stayed but I know neither of us want to rush into anything.

After I replied back to Mason, I lay in bed for a few minutes, thinking about yesterday. I'm finally happy knowing I found out what happened. However, I feel like there is something else that I'm missing but I'm not sure what that is yet. Yes my memory isn't back properly but I know something is missing. People may think I'm crazy but I know what I feel.

I didn't want to be alone today so I messaged the girls asking if they wanted to go for lunch. Of course they all said yes and agreed to meet at mine.

I had a quick shower before getting ready. After looking through my wardrobe, I decided to wear light blue ripped jeans, a white crop top, my Jordans and a black jacket. I had done my makeup and put my hair up in a ponytail.

I looked in the mirror to make sure I looked well presented and then I heard a car horn, I knew it was the girls. I headed downstairs and opened the door to see the girls in Logan's car. I smiled and I headed towards the car.

"Hey girls, it's good to see you all again." I said as I got in.

I know my memory still isn't great but I love spending time with the girls. Yes I don't remember a lot of our memories but I'm creating new ones that I can't wait for.

"It's good to see you too Emz." Logan replied. "Agreed. It's nice to see you happy and smiling." Amelia added. "So are we going for food? I'm starving." Jessie groaned.

I decided to vlog the day. This is my first video since the crash. I am nervous as I don't know what content my followers like or if they even want to see my videos anymore. I've watched some of my old videos and my fans seem to love the vlogs.

"You know your fans will love the vlog. I've seen online that they can't wait for you to be posting again." Logan said, noticing I was looking at my camera. "Emz just be yourself. Your fans will love anything you post." Jessie added. I smiled slightly.

I'm glad I've got the girls by my side. They've been there for me through all of this, even at my lowest point. Now we are making new memories, memories that I'm going to love.

It felt weird vlogging again but it felt good at the same time.

We had just ordered our food and were having a girly chat.

"Have you spoken to Mason recently, Emily?" Amelia asked me. I nodded. "I've found out what that picture meant." "How do you feel about it all?" Jessie asked. "Relieved I know the truth. I'm glad me and Mason talked. He told me everything from how we met to us being in a relationship." "Did he tell you about the crash?" Jessie asked. I nodded. "He was completely honest about it all. He feels really guilty and it does break my heart a little." "How do you feel about Mason?" Logan asked.

I bit my lip slightly. The thought of him rushing through my head. He makes me nervous but in a good way.

"We've agreed to take things slow and not to be together for the minute but there's hope for the future." I smiled.

The girls tried so hard to hold in their squeals.

"Ahh I'm so happy." Logan beamed. The other girls nodded in agreement with big smiles on their faces. "Calm down I've not said I'm with him." "You will be soon." Jessie said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Emily I know you've been told about what happened with Leighton and we can tell you're still worried about your past. You need to forget about your past and live in the moment." Amelia said.

Damn these girls know me well.

"You should be happy with Mason, and to create new memories with him and everyone in your life." Jessie added.

The girls had me thinking and they are right. I've been so worried about my past, scared that I might get hurt again; Leighton abusing me has definitely affected my trust and confidence, and then the crash happened. I've been worried so much and I've not been living in the present.

"Emily? Are you ok?" Logan asked, bringing me out of my thoughts. "Sorry I was just thinking. I need to stop worrying about my past and live in the present, I don't want any regrets." I spoke.

The girls all smiled at my new outlook on life and I know they will help me with this.

"That future better include a certain Chelsea midfielder." Logan winked. I blushed and looked down.

I know Mason and I have just got back on track and we are taking things slow but I'm slowly starting to see him in my future. I don't want to tell Mason this as I want to be 100% sure and I don't want to get his hopes up; I just need more time. Luckily for me Mason is willing to wait.

Once we ate our food, we headed back to the car. We bumped into some fans along the way who wanted a picture with me.

"Hi Emily, my name is Elle and I'm a big fan." The young girl spoke. She must have been around 13/14 years old. "Ah it's so nice to meet you Elle." I smiled.

We took a few pictures together and had bit of a chat.

"Can I tell you something before you go?" Elle asked. "Of course you can." "I hope you're doing better after the accident but I really hope you and Mason get back together. You two were the perfect couple, you were the ultimate couple." The young girl said. I smiled at her kind words and it melted my heart a bit. "That's really nice of you to say. Well between you and me, you never know what the future holds." I smiled. Elle looked really happy, like it gave her hope that Mason and I would get back together.

Today has been a good day with the girls. I'm starting to feel like my old self again.

~~~~~~~~~
A/N I hope you all are enjoying the story so far! I've got a couple chapters left and then it's finished! I will be posting my new Mason Mount story soon and I hope you read and enjoy that one too :)