Chapter 12

Emily POV
After much debate, we decided to order pizza. I started giggling at Mason eating his pizza with a knife and fork. "What? I'm a gentleman." He said, pretending to act posh. "I'm not use to people eating it like that." I replied, still giggling at him. "I can stop if you want?" "No don't, it's cute when you do it." I said, before it register in my brain.

It was now Mason's turn to blush. I mentally kicked myself. Why did I say that?

We are now sat on the sofa as Mason tried to find a film for us to watch. We were going to play fifa but we were a bit full after the pizza.

I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me or what but Mason has been acting different ever since I got here. I want to know what's going on but I'm nervous to find out... here goes nothing.

"Hey Mason?" I asked, turning my head towards him. "Hhmm?" replied, his eyes still glued to the tv scrolling through the films. "Why did you really invite me over?" I asked softly.

Mason put the remote down and turned to face me. He looked nervous.

"I have been meaning to talk to you about this for a while now but I kept backing out and I was nervous how you and Declan would react." Mason finally spoke.

I looked at him with a puzzled look on my face. 'What has Declan got to do with this?' I thought to myself.

"I like you Emily, I really like you." Mason confessed.

I felt my mouth drop. I know I was hoping this day would come but I never expected it.

"It's fine if you don't feel the same." He sighed slightly, taking my silence as a bad sign. "You like me?" I finally managed to speak. Mason nodded slowly

I was trying to take this all in but then my past hit me. Mason deserves to know. I can't go through with this without him knowing.

"There's something you need to know first." I said softly. Mason looked worried. "Do you remember Leighton, my ex?" I asked. Mason nodded.

I took a deep breath knowing I'm about to tell Mason everything.

"Well we were good to start with but then he changed, he became controlling. He stopped me seeing my friends, my family, even Declan and it killed me. He controlled what I posted on social media and my content dropped drastically. My fans noticed and they started to ask questions that I avoided for months." I explained. "Is that why you stopped hanging out with us as well?" He asked. I nodded. "That's why Declan wasn't at his best on and off the pitch during that time. He had no idea what was going on and he became extremely worried about me. I tried to see my friends and family without him knowing but he found out and he..." I felt the tears roll down my cheeks.

Mason put his hand on my leg and I flinched. Mason looked at me shocked and then it clicked. "Emily, did he use to hit you?" He asked slowly. "I'm sorry I can't do this." I cried and ran out the door, grabbing my belongings on the way.

I jumped in the car and drove away. All I could hear was Mason shouting my name. I know he's worried about me but I had to get out of there. He knows everything.

Mason POV
I can't believe it. I can't believe he controlled and hit her. I could have done something.

It all makes sense now. I always wondered why she stopped seeing everyone; I use to think she got sick of us. I mean we play a lot of pranks in each other, play fifa and most of the time we are pains in the bum. It's a relief to know we weren't the problem but it makes me so angry knowing she went through all of that alone. No one should go through that. I now understand why Declan is so protective over her, more so now than ever.

I need to prove to her that I'm the one who will treat her right. I know she's the one for me.