Chapter 22

Mason POV
Today is the day that Chelsea are in Portugal to play against Man City in the champions league. I am missing Emily so much and it's breaking my heart that she's not here. I've FaceTime her when I landed and I can tell she's just as upset she's not with me.

It was a good game and we won 1-0 thanks to Kai scoring the goal. Honestly he is such an amazing player. We celebrated so hard and the fans were screaming with pride that we won. We couldn't believe it.

We continued the celebrations in the changing room. I couldn't get over the size of the trophy. Chilli was sat hugging it, never wanting to let it go. It's crazy to all of us but we are the champions.

We were going back to England tomorrow and we were partying there. I am happy don't get me wrong but Emily won't be there to celebrate with us. We've tried to persuade her manager but she's apologised saying the dates can't be rescheduled. A big win for me and my team and my girl can't be here to party with me.

"You know she's proud of you." Chilly said, bringing me out of my thoughts. I smiled slightly. I was about to say something but one of the lads interrupted me.

"Mount! It's Emz!" Tammy said, giving me my phone. I looked down and there she was. "Hey babe, did you see?" I asked excitedly. "I am so proud of you all, especially you babe. Congratulations. I just wish I was there to celebrate." Emily replied. "We'll celebrate when you're back with me." I said, trying not to show the sadness in my voice.

We chatted for a while but Emily had to get going. "I love you princess." I said. "I love you too baby. Congratulations again." She said, not wanting to go.

"My man is in love." Kai said, putting his hands on my shoulders after I ended the call. "Like the marriage, wanting to start a family type love." He added. "What? No, we've not been together long." I protested. "So you're saying you don't want to start a family and marry Emily?" Tammy asked, raising an eyebrow.

I thought about it for a second.

"I couldn't imagine anyone else to be my wife or the mother of my kids other than her." I confessed. "My boy is in love." Chilly hugged me with so much excitement. "Stop being soppy." I chuckled. "Let's celebrate." I cheered.

Emily POV
I am so proud of my boy. I cheered so loudly when Kai scored. I've been working so hard and I've tried my best to watch the match as best as possible. I just wished I was there. Mason understood I couldn't pass up this opportunity.

I'm going to make it up to Mason. I know the boys are having a big party tomorrow to celebrate their win. Mason thinks I'm still going to be at work but what he doesn't know is that I'm coming down to surprise him. Only Chilly knows I'm coming down; if I told any more of the team they would end up telling Mase. I'm going to text Ben letting him know when I've pulled up outside the venue.

I can't wait to see Mason's face.