Chapter 14

Emily POV
It's been a week since I ran out of Mason's house. He's tried ringing and messaging me but I couldn't face him.

The girls have been round to console me. They've been an amazing support for me. I've not posted on social media as much. My fans have been sending me messages which have melted my heart. I never expected this much love from them but I really appreciate it.

I was currently in bed, not wanting to get up. I had no energy in me to do anything. All of a sudden I heard the front door open and close, and then there was a voice that I would recognise anywhere.

"Emily?" Declan shouted a few times before he walked in my room. He had a worried look on his face. He walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"I've been so worried about you, everyone has." He said. "I'm fine." I lied. Declan pulled away and gave me the 'are you serious' look. "Okay I'm not, it's hard to describe how I'm feeling right now." I sighed. "Emz, Mason has told me everything." Declan spoke.

I looked at him with a scared expression. I didn't know what Declan was about to say. However, the thought of Mason came rushing in my head. I had a good guy who genuinely liked me and I ran off because I was so scared of my past.

"He's a good guy Emz and I know he will look after you." Declan spoke softly. "I freaked out when he told me he liked me. Then I told him about Leighton and it pushed me over the edge. Mason found out that Leighton use to hit me and I couldn't cope so I ran." I said, wiping a tear. "He's been so worried about you. He's not been himself on and off the pitch." Declan replied. "Why would he want someone like me? Someone with so much trauma? He could have anyone he wants." I said, almost in tears. "He would be lucky to have someone like you." Declan said.

I nudged his shoulder, he knows I hate it when he goes soft like they on me, but I know he's looking out for me.

"Come round to mine later, we're having our usual food and fifa nights. All of the boys are there and I know they're missing you. You're the one who keeps us all sane." Declan joked. "I don't know Dec." I groaned. "You're coming. No arguments. The girls are coming round tonight to get ready here and then you are all coming to mine. It'll do you some good and I know Mason will be happy to see you." I smiled at his name. "Okay, I'll come." I responded. "That's the right answer." He smiled. "Have you ate recently?" He asked.

I shook my head. I haven't really ate much all week. I just felt sick knowing what Mason now knows about me.

"Before I go, I'm going to make you some food. Go and show Mason what you're made of." The West Ham player winked. "You're so cringey." I laughed. "Thank you Dec. You're the best brother a girl could ask for." "You don't need to thank me, it's my job to protect you, and I know I'm amazing." He gave me a hug.

We ate some food and had a laugh. I always love spending time just me and him. We spent a lot of time together when we were younger but then he got amazing opportunities so we couldn't spend as much time together; I am so proud of everything he is doing. He's the best brother I could have asked for.

I can't believe he's giving his blessing for me and Mason. I honestly thought he would be against me dating his best friend but I know he wants to see me happy. I'm not going to lie, me and Mason won't have it easy but I'm hoping we can work through it.