Chapter 3

Kyree sat up and looked around confused. Memories came back and blushed in embarrassment. She looked down and North was sleeping on his stomach with his arm around her waist. She gently pulled it away and got up to go to the bathroom. Coming back into the room she looked down at him sleeping and took a quick picture. She slipped her shoes on and wrote a quick note then slipped out of the house. She walked to her office and got some work done then walked home. She changed into some comfy clothes, curled up on the couch with her favorite blanket and started her favorite movie.

(Back at the Blackbourne Mansion)

North moved his arm and realized the bed was cold. He sat up and looked around, "Baby?" he called out and was met with silence. He felt the bed again and sure enough it was cold which meant she wasn't in it for hours. He rushed down to the kitchen and the rest of the men looked up confused, "Baby?"

"She's not with us," Luke shook his head. "Thought she was sleeping with you."

North took off back upstairs and spotted the note on his dresser. I'm so sorry about last night. I made a complete fool of myself, and I understand if you don't want to speak again. It is ridiculous to fear thunderstorms at my age much less protect me from creeps. You shouldn't have to do that so thank you, but you don't have to be obligated to do it anymore. I'll cherish the memories of you and your brothers being a knight in dark armor for me. Kyree

North growled and grabbed his phone. He tried calling her and when it went to voicemail he stormed down the stairs, "Victor, Corey check the cams and see when she left. Try and track her phone and see if you can find her address also. She isn't answering her phone. She isn't going to run. Gabriel, you have some apologizing to do also." He stormed off to the work out room while Luke picked up the note and read it out loud.
"Fucking hell," Gabe moaned and put his head on the table, "It was a fucking joke."

"She was scared out of her mind last night," Luke said softly, "She wasn't thinking clearly."

"Plus, not everyone is used to your mouth," Kota pointed out.

"She has to be something if North is this obsessed with her," Axel nodded. "When was the last time he showed interest in a girl other than what was required for an assignment?"

"Much less call a girl Baby?" Victor asked.

"True," Nathan nodded. "She must be amazing then."

"She is, there is just something about her," Luke shrugged. "She's as sweet as a cupcake."

"Let's see what we can find out after breakfast," Owen nodded.

"I'll go talk to him," Silas said standing. He went to the workout room and started his routine. He just waited for North to talk.
"I don't know what it is about her Silas," North grunted after some time. "Any other chick I wouldn't care if they never contacted me again, but I can't get her out of my mind. I keep worrying about her."

"You even call her Baby," Silas nodded.

"Yeah, I can't help it," North said as he kept punching the bag. "She makes me feel complete. I have to know she's okay and I have to find a way to make her ours."

"Ours?" Silas asked shocked. "Really?"

North stopped and nodded, "Trust me, once you know her you won't want to let her go. I really think she's the one."

Silas looked at him and nodded, "Okay then," he said as North grinned and headed to the shower. Silas walked back into the dining room, and everyone looked up. "He says she's the one."

"Really?" Axel asked shocked.

Silas nodded, "He wants to find a way to make her ours. Said so himself."
"Interesting," Kota mumbled.

"Well then gentlemen let's see what we can find out about Kyree Medina," Owen said standing up.