Chapter 30

It had been a few months and she was slowly making progress. She was attending therapy with Max accompanying her and whoever took her waiting in the waiting room for her. They were told Max would have to take classes so they were looking to that or if it was better for her to have a service dog that had already gone through the courses. She was still having nightmares but they weren't as severe as when they first brought her home. They were still making rotations on two of them sleeping with her and Max but they weren't complaining. Kota did make a joke every now and then about being replaced but he made sure she knew he was just joking.

"Are you sure you want to go back to work Baby?" North asked her again as he handed her breakfast.

"You and Bam Bam are going to be with me so I know I will be okay," She smiled up at him. "I need to go back to work, even my therapist said it would be good to try and get back into my old routine. I just feel bad Max can't join us."

"Isn't he going with Kota to see what it takes to get him registered as a service dog?" Brandon asked coming into the kitchen. "Hey Babe."

"Hi Bam Bam," She smiled at him.

"Yeah," North said as he made them lunches. "Good thing about you being the boss Baby is that you can go in whenever you want."

She smiled softly, "We can go after breakfast, I can just imagine all the paperwork that has built up and meeting requests from all the authors."

"Lucy and her team has been handling everything they can so there shouldn't be a lot for you to do," Owen said as he walked in. "Remember to keep in contact with us every so often, okay?"

"Yes Sir," She smiled and nodded. After she ate, she went back upstairs and brushed her teeth then went to Gabe's room so he could fix her hair for her. She came back downstairs and kissed everyone on the cheek then followed North and Brandon out the door.

She had to admit she was a little nervous once they pulled up to her publishing company building. She grabbed their hands and they squeezed her hands before Brandon opened the door for her.

"Boss Lady!" Lucy squealed hopping out of her chair and racing over to Kyree.

"Hi Luce," She smiled and hugged her tightly. "You ready to show me what all I need to do?"

"Of course," Lucy smiled as she pulled her to her desk. Kyree looked up at North and Brandon and smiled at them. They nodded and headed over to the gaming area Corey set up for whoever took her when she decided she wanted to go back to work as long as someone was with her. They tried to talk her into working from home but she insisted it would do her some good to get out of the house for a bit. Plus with a few of them being with her it would help her in feeling safe while away from the house and it would make her feel good to be making money again on her own. They eventually gave in but made her compromise that if she ever wanted to stay home she would and she would only work when she felt like it. She agreed since she knew they were only looking out for her mental health. She was slowly accepting that it was okay to depend on them at times and they wouldn't try and take away her independence.

"Babe, it's 8pm," Brandon said tapping her on her shoulder to make her remove her headphones.

"What? Okay," She nodded as she began to save all her work. She knew better than to protest and in all honesty she was getting tired anyway. She shut down her computer and let out a yawn.

"Tired Baby?" North asked and she nodded.

"I guess I didn't realize how much I did today," she said yawning again.

"Up Baby," North smiled and she held her arms out. He picked her up and she snuggled into him. "Go ahead Baby, we can close up," he whispered and she smiled.

"Tank too Norf Star," she whispered as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Tank too Bam Bam."

"You're welcome Babe," Brandon smiled as he grabbed her stuff then locked the door behind them. "You can't go to sleep yet though, you still have to have dinner then get ready for bed, okay?"

"Otay," She smiled as North buckled her up. North sent out a group message so they knew she had slipped into little mode. They had realized that she did it when she was very tired and there were times she didn't remember being a little also. They just played it by ear and so far that seemed to work.

"Guys?" she asked as she watched the trees pass by out the window.

"Everyone is home and waiting on us," Brandon said and she pouted.

"I sowwy," She frowned.

"There is nothing to be sorry for Baby," North said softly. "Everyone is happy you were a big girl and went to work today, they all made sure they were home to hear how your day went. They are excited for you and wanted to be home when you got home."

"Otay," she whispered as she went back to looking out the window.