Chapter 4

"How is it possible we can't find anything about her?" Victor asked confused.

"Is it possible she is a ghost?" Kota asked suddenly.

"What?" North asked confused.

"We can't find anything on a Kyree Medina, no social media, no birth certificate nothing," Victor said shaking his head.

"What about her office?" Luke asked walking into the room. "Raven and Silas know where it is since they went to pick her up."

"Excellent thinking Lucian," North nodded, and everyone headed to their cars.

Raven and Silas pulled up to a building and they noticed the sign out front, Stories Publishing Company. "This has to be it," North said as he walked into the building.

"Can I help you gentlemen?" A lady asked walking over to them nervously. "Are you authors?"

"No, we're looking for Kyree Medina please," Luke said giving her his charming smile.

"She is the owner of the company, but she isn't here at the moment, can I take a message?" She asked.

"Do you know when she will be in?" Owen asked and she shook her head.

"No, she comes and goes as she pleases unless she has an appointment," She said tilting her head as if to study him better. "How do you know Miss Medina?"

"We're associates," Axel said.

"I know all her associates and I don't know you," She shook her head.

"We came and gave her a ride last night, so she didn't have to walk home in the storm," Silas said walking over to her. "She left this morning and I just want to make sure she is okay, and she isn't answering her phone for me."

"So, you are one of the men from the camera feed from last night," She nodded.
"Da me too," Raven nodded.

"Well, I can tell you that she is fine, she came in early this morning, did some work then left, so there's no need to worry," She said crossing her arms in front of her chest. North opened his mouth to say something but her phone rang. She held up a hand, shooed them away and answered the phone, "Hey Boss Lady," she smiled and plopped down in her chair. She grabbed a pad of paper and pen and spun her back to them. "No, we're fine other than a large group of men trying to question me about you. Yep, yep, yep, of course not. Yeah, I can order that and have it delivered. Oh, and that author you spoke to last week sent a new draft for you to look over. Yeah okay, I'll have it sent over as well. Get to feeling better Boss," she said hanging up the phone.

"She's sick?" North asked concerned.

She jumped in surprise, "Why are you still here?" She asked shocked. "I'm not giving you any information on her."

"I'm a doctor," Sean said pushing his way through and handed her his identification badge, "Please tell us so I can go check on her."

"It's just a migraine and simple cold from the storm," She shook her head. "Now please go, I have things to do."

"She could get pneumonia if she doesn't get checked out, please," Sean begged.

She bit her lip and sighed, "I'm only doing this because I know how severe her migraines get but I'm denying any involvement. Figure out you own excuse" She said pointing her finger at them.

"We followed the delivery car with her food," Marc shrugged. "You weren't involved."
"I don't want to deal with her wrath," She shook her head and picked up her phone again. She dialed a number and sighed, "Hi Mr. Lee, could you please make Miss Medina some sesame chicken, egg drop soup and some egg rolls and have them delivered please? Yep 914 West Meadow Creek you got it, thanks so much just put it on our tab, and we'll pay on Friday like usual. Thank you so much she really appreciates it. Sam," she called out and a young man came out from the back. "Deliver this to Miss Medina's place and leave it in her box, she has a migraine today so she will get it later."

"Yes ma'am," he said taking the thick sealed package from her and left.

"We could have taken it," Brandon said, and she shook her head.

"Nope, she has cameras," she explained, "If you are going to follow the delivery then you best be on your way to First Wok. They only take 15 mins to cook her order for delivery."

"Thank you," Sean nodded, and they left.