Chapter 7

"But Boss Lady," Lucy sighed as Kyree waved her off and went back to typing on her laptop. Neither one heard the front door open. "But you are still sick, you need to be home resting."

"I'm fine Lucy," Kyree said as she continued typing. She squealed as someone pulled her chair back and picked her up. "What the hell North?" She screeched and started hitting his chest.

"You are supposed to be at home resting Baby, not at work," North growled. "Now stop hitting me Baby, you are only going to hurt yourself."

"Put me down you big oaf, I am fine!" She huffed angrily.

"No, you are not Pookie, you are still running a fever," Sean said shaking his head after putting his hand on her forehead.

"I feel fine you guys," she protested.

"But you are not," Luke argued back.

"Yes, I am," She argued back. "I just needed a good night's sleep; I know my body better than you do."

"Enough," Owen said sternly, and she froze. "Mr. Taylor, put her down before she gets sick again, putting pressure on her stomach is not good right now." North sat her down but kept his hands on her waist preventing her from going back to her chair. "Miss Medina, Dr. Green has already stated that you still have a fever, so you are going back to the house and getting back in bed to get more rest."
"Damn" Lucy whispered.

"Last I checked Mr. Blackbourne, none of you are my husband, father, boss, or even in a relationship with me so you don't have the right to tell me what to do. Even if you were, I am a grown woman and I have the final say on my body and my life, you don't get to tell me what to do," Kyree said half shocked and half pissed. She walked out of North's grasp and took a step towards Owen. Everyone was shocked that someone had back talked him, they were too shocked to do anything but stand there and listen. "I appreciate you caring for me last night even though I know I told North I no longer needed it nor were you obligated to do so. But I know my body and I am fine so I am going back to work, and you can't stop me, so you can leave and have a nice day."

"That's where you are wrong Baby," North said taking a step to her.

"Not here Mr. Taylor," Owen said stopping him. "Fine Miss Medina, we will compromise, Mr. Taylor and Dr. Green will stay here with you while you work. Your assistant can have the day off and they will help you. We will leave and go back to your house and when you come home, we will be having a long discussion."

"What the fuck?" She whispered as the rest of the group left and she sat down in her chair.

"See you tomorrow maybe Boss Lady," Lucy giggled as she left as well.

"What the fuck just happened?" She asked herself. She shrugged, "Whatever," she mumbled as she stuck her headphones in and went back to typing on her computer. Maybe if she just ignored them, they would leave as well eventually.

Unfortunately, that was not the case and Sean was checking her forehead every so often. North typed away on his phone and shortly after Marc walked in with some food. North pulled her headphones out and said, "Time to eat Baby."

"I'm not hungry," she mumbled as she turned and started typing on the computer again. North spun her around again and pointed to the food. "I'm not hungry," She glared at him.

"You skipped breakfast Baby, you need to eat lunch," North said scooting her chair over to the table.

"You need to eat so you can get better Pookie, doctor's orders," Sean said placing a bowl of soup in front of her.

"I'm not hungry," she glared. "I just want to get back to work."

"Not until you eat," North shook his head.

"Have you ever been sick?" She asked and North nodded. "Then you know that I don't have an appetite. Just let me get my work done."

"But you aren't going to get better if you don't eat," Sean shook his head. "If you get dehydrated then I have to admit you and stick IVs in you to get you back to being hydrated."

She sighed, "Fine I will force myself but if I throw up on you it will be your fault," she glared and took a spoonful of soup. She ended up eating about half a bowl of soup then pushed it away. She rolled back over to the desk and stuck her headphones back on.
"Don't push it, at least she ate something," Sean whispered when North started to get up. North forced himself to nod and started to clean up. After a few more hours Marc brought some more food, but she just shook her head and kept working. North started to say something but Sean shook his head. North opened his mouth to protest but Sean shook his head, "She's been drinking more water so let's not push it. We still have the task of the discussion tonight." North clenched his fists but nodded.

By eight that night she had fallen asleep at her desk. North carefully saved her work and turned off the computer then picked her up and Sean gathered her things. He locked the door while North put her in the car. "She is going to be pissed when she wakes up at the house," North whispered as they drove to the house. "Why do you think she's so against us?"
"I don't know," Sean whispered. "I just wish she wouldn't fight us so much."

They pulled up to the house and everyone came out. "Why are you coming home late?" Luke asked.

"She was pretty damn insistent on working until the point she fell asleep at the desk," North growled as Silas carried her inside.
"She's in for a rude awakening in the morning," Owen muttered as he locked her car then locked the door after everyone came in.