Chapter 15

Lucy looked up at Robert and William and sighed at the looks they gave her, "But we promised."

"And I am telling you that the Blackbourne Toma team is the best there is in the academy," William repeated. "Wouldnt you rather have her under the best protection there is?"

Lucy sighed and said, "Marie Marley, date of birth March 13. Shes my best friend since childhood. After she met David Lawson things changed. He became very controlling and abusive in every way. I tried telling her but she was just so excited to find someone who accepted her for her and she was so scared of losing him that she did whatever he wanted to make him happy. He made her think he was a Dom but in reality he just used it as an excuse to control her. She began to quit wearing all black, she quit watching anime, she lost her sparkle for Nightmare Before Christmas, she completely transformed into a "normal" girl as she would call them. I tried repeatedly to tell her thats not how a Dom/Sub works, even introduced her to my men but she refused to listen. I watched my best friend slowly start to disappear. Then that one fucking night I got the call I had been dreading."

"What happened?" North asked.

"She received a call from the hospital. She had been beaten nearly to death. We were able to call in some favors and get her moved into hiding while she recovered. It was while she was with us that she was able to come to terms somewhat with what he had been doing to her," Robert said.

"Once she was healed, she wanted a fresh start, so we were able to get her a new name and start all over," William said. "We moved down here and bought the building so she could start her dream. If we had known you showed interest in her we would have made contact but it seems someone was rather intent on keeping a secret."

Lucy rolled her eyes and went back to looking at the computer, "I was only doing as my best friend asked of me and that was keeping her a secret."

"I understand that," Owen nodded. "But now we would really like to know where she is."

"And how her ex found her," North growled.

"I dont know exactly," Lucy sighed, "all know is that she sent me a text saying he found her and was looking forward to punishing her for being with so many men when she knew she belonged to him. He was on his way to bring her back to him and how he was loving the chase she was giving him and she was feeling sick with fear. I later got a text saying she was at your place and you were trying to control her like him. She feared what would happen if he found her with you so the first chance she had to save everyone as she put it she was taking it. The last message I got from her was that she on the road and ditching the phone in case he tried to trace it. She will notify me when she feels it is safe for her to."

"You should have told us it was the Blackbourne Toma team showing interest in her," William sighed. "It would have made things different."

"How was I suppose to know?" Lucy argued. "Im not academy remember?"

"Enough," Robert sighed, "It doesnt matter at this point, you know her better than anyone else, is there a place she would go to hide while she tries to figure out her next move?"

"No," Lucy shook her head. "Every place I think of he knows about. He used to read her diaries so he knows everything place weve been to."

"Is there any place she wanted to go that she didnt write down that she might go to try and hide?" William asked.

Lucy shook her head and North sighed in frustration. "WAIT!" she shouted suddenly. "There is a place that I dont think she ever wrote down about."

Four hours later Owen pulled onto a road and Gabe looked around in shock, "Where the fuck are we?"

"Its like Children of the Corn out here," Corey muttered.

"Its Mennonite country gentlemen," Owen said as he slowed down as he approached a horse drawn carriage. The carriage pulled over and Owen slowly passed it.

"The fuck?" Gabriel asked doing a double take.

"Its like the Amish but they allow some modern day conveniences like electricity, washer and dryer, and some even allow some cell phones but they honor their culture as well and stay away from internet and photographs and such," Kota explained.

"Still doesnt explain why we are all the way out in the boondocks," Nathan muttered.

"Lucy said her great grandmothers childhood farm is out here," North explained. "She doesnt think she ever wrote it down and only told Lucy about it. She doesnt think her ex knows about it so this is probably where she went to hide."

"So are we still going to call her Kyree or are we going to call her Marie?" Corey asked.

"Kyree," they all said in unison.

"Guys," Raven growled as they pulled up to the country house. "Door. Car."

Owen parked the van and everyone looked to where Raven was looking, the front door was open.

They got out and looked around. There was nothing but fields and two cars on the side of the house. They looked at one another, there should only be one car at the place. Dread filled all of them. Just then a scream filled the sky.