Chapter 9

They came to the underground tunnel and found her laying on the bench looking up above her watching the turtles, fish, and sharks swimming above her. Before walking over to her Silas stopped them, "Look how calm and relaxed she is," he whispered.

"She's in her zone," Gabe nodded. "Let's just sit by her and wait until she comes out of it, she will be more open minded instead of being angry for interrupting her."

They quietly came over to her and just sat around her and let her mind try to calm down. After an hour Kota began typing on his phone and the rest of the group's phones dinged. Looking down they got up and headed to Axel's office.

"How about we give her some space?" Kota asked once everyone entered. Right as everyone started talking at once he held up his hands and they got quiet. "Listen, think about it, she's been by herself for who knows how long and then all of a sudden there's fourteen men surrounding her constantly. We may need to ease into her accepting us. What if we try something?"

"What?" North asked.

"We get her one of our spare laptops and have Lucy put her information on it and leave it by her on the bench so if she gets inspiration, she can stay where she is and still work, that may help prevent her from forgetting something heading back to work," Kota answered, and they nodded. Victor began typing away on his phone. "Also, what if we get her food and just leave it by her? She may not want to eat with us right now, especially with the way North and Doc forced her to eat her soup."

"She wouldn't have eaten at all if I didn't," North growled.

"We don't know that for sure," Sean pointed out.

"Fine," North sighed in defeat.

"Come on Corey, there's an acceptable laptop close by," Victor said grabbing his keys.

"I'll go by the shop and make some food for us," Marc said getting his keys out of his pocket.

"So now what?" Luke asked.

"Why don't you and Mr. Coleman go speak to her assistant about setting up the laptop for her when Mr. Morgan and Mr. Henshaw are done purchasing it?" Owen said, "The rest of us can stay here and keep an eye on her or go do what they need to do."

"Ok Mr. B," Gabe nodded as they left.

Kyree broke out of her trance and sat up slowly. Grabbing her messenger bag, she pulled out a notebook and started writing furiously. After awhile she stopped writing and pulled her feet up so she could sit crisscrossed. Her knee hit something, and she looked to the side, there were two bags with her name written on them. She looked around and frowned then opened one bag. Inside was her favorite Chinese food and a bottle of Watermelon Propel. She smiled and started eating. After a few bites, she sat it to the side and opened the other bag. She gasped at spotting the laptop. She saw the two notes on top and opened the first one.

Kyree,

We wanted you to be able to work from home or wherever you got inspiration and didn't want to take the risk of you forgetting something before you got to work. Lucy told us that you have a desktop at home but it was acting up so you wouldn't use it anymore. Victor and Corey can fix it if you want since they specialize in computers. Lucy has already set this up with your work information and whatever else you may need. Please accept this gift from us and we won't accept you trying to pay us for it, it is a gift from us to you. Also please eat something so you can get better faster. We weren't too sure what you like so we just got you some more Chinese since you weren't able to eat yours from last night. If you want something else just let us know, we will be in Axel's office since he owns the aquarium. Let us know when you are done and we will take you back home to rest, Doc says you need some more rest to get over your fever. He doesn't want to admit you to the hospital for dehydration and fever rising. We just want to take care of you, but we know you may not be ready for it. We will go at your pace when you are ready just please stop running. Enjoy.

Blackbourne Toma team

She touched her lips and shook her head softly. She placed the note beside her and gently ran her fingers over the laptop. She opened the second note:

Hey Boss Lady,

Can you believe what those guys have done for you???? It's so amazing and the laptop is very nice. I have already transferred your information over and also locked it so they can't get in without your code, but I have a feeling they would respect your privacy unless it was necessary. They are good Doms so you don't need to worry about them being like that asshole. Just give them a chance Boss Lady and don't worry about what others will say, you know I am in a poly relationship, so you already know it is possible. Just take the chance and let them treat you like the queen you are. Enjoy and I will see you in a few days.

Lucy.

She sat the note down and opened the laptop. Straightening her back she customized her wallpaper then pulled open a folder. After typing in her code, she opened up some documents and started typing. She would stop every so often and watch the animals swim by with a soft smile on her lips. She would take a few bites then go back to typing. Some hours passed and her text notification went off making her jump in surprise. She realized it was Lucy reminding her that she wouldn't be in tomorrow. She responded that it was fine then closed her phone. She saved all her information and shut the laptop. She placed it in her bag and picked up her notes. Smiling softly she placed them in her bag as well. She threw away the empty food containers and water bottle and walked to the exit after watching the animals for a few more minutes.

Stepping outside she looked up and noticed the stars were already out. She looked up at them for a few minutes with a serene look on her face.

"Hey Baby," North said softly coming to walk up beside her.

"Hi North," She whispered not looking at him. "Thank you."
"You're welcome," he said watching her look at the night sky. "Are you ready to go home?"

"Yeah," She yawned and he wrapped his arm around her pulling her into him.

"Should have brought you a jacket," he mumbled, "you are going to get sicker."

"Here," Gabe said walking over and taking a tag off a hoodie. "I figured she might need one."

"Thanks," she whispered as Luke pulled it over her. Gabe rolled the sleeves since it was too big on her but she had a feeling he got one like that because she liked baggy hoodies since he raided her closet.

"Come on," Owen said they walked to their cars.

North got in the backseat with her while Luke drove in their car. She pulled on his shirt, and he leaned down to her, "Does Axel really own the aquarium?" she asked softly.

"Yes Baby," he nodded.

"Wow," She whispered as she yawned again. She closed her eyes and laid her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her and she drifted off to sleep with a smile on her lips. North smiled and kissed the top of her head. Luke beamed, snuck a pic when they were at a red light and sent it to everyone. North didn't even complain when he saw it and actually put it as his wallpaper.