Chapter 25

It had been a month and so far nothing has happened. Owen and Victor were able to figure out that someone at the phone company was paid off for the extra line in Owens name and that person was fired and sent to jail. Victor had all the phone lines switched to a different company and under aliases, then there was the hassle of switching all their information to their new phone numbers.

Kyree slipped in and out of little mode depending on her anxiety but with encouragement from everyone Sean was able to convince her to go back on her anxiety and anti-depressant medicines and with her permission got her information from her doctor. They have increased her dosages and now they were just having the fun task of waiting to see if they would help.

She was torn with wanting to go back to work but at the same time she wanted to stay at the Blackbourne mansion. She was also torn with possibly going back to her house. She wanted to believe David was just messing with her and go back to being independent, but she also wanted to just stay in bed and hide all the time and just depend on the guys.

Owen was constantly on his phone yelling at people trying to find out how David was able to get bailed out and so far all they could uncover was that someone anonymously paid for it. Victor was also trying to find out what he can. They were tense and that made her nervous. She had a deep gut feeling that David was just waiting until the perfect time before he did whatever he was planning and that scared her. As ruthless as he was, she feared she may not make it out when he put his plan in motion.

"You are awfully quiet," Axel said as she watched the animals swim above her in the underwater tunnel.

"Im scared," She whispered. "A whole month and nothing. What is he planning, Axel?"

"I dont know Doll," Axel said honestly. "But try and trust that we will protect you."

"I trust you," she said just as honest, "But I fear what he will do to you once he finds me."

"He wont lay a hand on you, Doll," Axel said as she crawled into his lap. "How about you come up to the office and sit with me while I get some paperwork done?"

She drifted off to sleep in his lap while he worked on some paperwork. When he was done he smiled and snuck a picture. He sent it out and smiled at the smiley faces that were sent back.

"She has been very stressed about this," Brandon whispered as he came into the office. Axel nodded, "Ill take her home since you still have that assignment to go to." Axel kissed the top of her head and switched her over to Brandons open arms.

"She has barely been sleeping unless we are holding her," Axel whispered and Brandon nodded.

"Ill see you when you get home," Brandon said as he left the office.

Once he got home Marc opened front door so Brandon carried her up to her room. He tucked her in then slipped out of the room to quickly get him something to eat.

"Axel say how she is doing today?" Luke asked and Brandon sighed.

"Shes terrified on what he is planning," Brandon said honestly. "She finally managed to fall asleep with Axel so Im about to quickly make me something to eat then Ill go sit with her so hopefully she will sleep longer than just a couple of hours."

"Sounds good," Kota nodded as he made a sandwich. "Ill swap you out in a couple of hours."

Brandon made a couple of sandwiches and grabbed some chips. He stuck a couple of water bottles in his pockets then took the tray upstairs. He opened her door and instantly noticed that the bed was empty. "Babe?" He called out as he sat the tray down and knocked on the bathroom door. He was met with silence. He opened the door and realized it was empty. "Babe?" he called out into the hallway.

"Whats going on?" Kota and Luke asked looking up the stairs.

"She isnt down there with you?" Brandon asked and they shook their heads.

"Kyree?" They called out as they searched all the rooms.

"Redline now," Kota demanded as he opened Owens study and looked inside.

"FUCK!" Brandon yelled and they raced upstairs. A couple of minutes later the rest of the team burst through the door and raced up to where they were standing in Kyrees room. "It was on her vanity." He said through clenched teeth as he handed the folded paper to Owen.

Owen opened the note and growled, there were just two words staring back at them Shes mine.