Chapter 12

Kyree opened her eyes and frowned when she was surrounded by the scent of North. She raised her head realized she was in Norths room. She bit her lip and started to sit up, "Dont even think about it Baby," A deep voice said from behind her. She squealed in surprise, and he chuckled then wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her to him. "Go back to sleep Baby, its 2 in the morning."

"Bathroom," she whispered and he released her. She went to the bathroom then stood in the doorframe biting her lip.

"Come here Baby," North said pulling the covers back. She stood there for a moment, and he realized she was fidgeting with her fingers. "What is it Baby? Talk to me."

"MyclothesarentcomfyandIdonthavemyzeroandIcantsleepwithoutamovieon," she mumbled looking down at her feet.

"One more time and slower Baby," North said sitting up. She shook her head softly and he smirked. "Say it again Baby and make sure I can understand you."

She fidgeted with the bottom of her shirt and sighed, "My clothes arent comfy and I dont have my Zero and I cant sleep without a movie on," she barely whispered.

He got out of bed and walked over to her. He took her hands in his to stop her fidgeting and whispered, "Good girl for telling me." He saw a ghost of a smile on her lips. "Now Gabe and I went to get you a few things when Doc told us you are staying here until he gets you better. Gabe packed you some clothes, they are already in my closet and Zero stuffy is in the chair by the bed. After you get into your comfy clothes we can turn on a movie for you, okay?"

"What?" she asked confused. "I cant stay here, North, I need to go back home," She gasped. "My stuff is there and I have work and" She kept gasping and shaking her head.

"Breathe Baby," he said as she started shaking. "Breathe Baby," he repeated when she fell to the floor bringing him with her. "Come on Baby take deep breaths, DOC!" he shouted when he saw she couldnt stop the panic attack and her breathing was coming faster and faster, barely letting her allow any air in.

Spots started clouding her vision and she clawed her throat to try and get whatever was blocking her airway away. Something soft and silky pushed her hand away and she clutched the softness, everything else touching her hurt like ice needles inserting her skin and muscles. The soft silky thing was the only thing keeping her from slipping into darkness.

"Max no," A deep voice floated around her and the soft silky was gone.

"No!" she gasped reaching out for it and there was a growl and the softness was back surrounding her. She clutched it tightly and it wrapped around her. She could feel the thing was alive so she tried to concentrate on its breathing and once she could breathe a little easier, it started licking her face. She let out a painful giggle and it placed its face in her neck. She could now tell it was a dog and she started petting it. She felt the dog push against her to lay down, so she did and it laid closer to her with its head on top of her neck. She kept petting it and soon her breathing calmed down. Once she was asleep it lifted its head slightly and looked at Kota very pleased with itself.

(Third POV)

"DOC!" Kota woke to North shouting. He rushed out his room and into Norths. There he saw North on the ground kneeling and holding Kyree who was in the midst of a panic attack and barely breathing.

Max rushed past him and pushed his muzzle against her hands making her stop clawing at her neck. She clutched onto his fur and he nudged closer to her.

"Max no," Kota said pulling him away from Kyree.

"No!" she gasped and reached out for Max.

"Let him go Kota," Doc whispered. Kota let go of his collar and Max rushed back over to her. The group watched her clutch Max tightly and Max just sit there letting her hold him. He laid his head on her shoulder and just waited. "Hes helping her," Sean whispered. "But hes never had any training."

"Training?" Kota asked as they watched him start licking her face and then nudge her to lay down. Once the both of them were laying down Kota noticed Sean sigh in relief that she was breathing better.

"Max hasnt been trained to be a service dog yet he instinctively knew what to do to help her with her panic attack," Sean whispered as they watched her sleep while holding Max.

"What happened?" Owen whispered as they slipped out of the room.

North told them then asked, "Kota, do you mind if Max stays in my room tonight?"

"Is that his name?" a soft whisper asked and everyone turned around to see Kyree in the doorframe still on the ground with Maxs head on her stomach.

"Yes Beautiful, his name is Max and it seems I have been replaced for tonight," Kota smiled as he patted Maxs head. "Come on Max, lets go to the bathroom real quick."

Max whined and she smiled softly, "Im okay Max, go potty, thank you sweet boy." She kissed his head and he got up and went outside.

"Come on Baby, lets get you back to bed," North said picking her up.

"Okay, but only because Im sleepy," She said laying her head by his neck. "Tomorrow were going to have a talk about you making decisions for me then Im going back to home."

"I bet we will," Owen smirked as everyone went back to bed.

North turned on the TV and placed Zero stuffy on the bed while Kyree changed into her comfy clothes. Once she came out of the bathroom she got in bed with North and clutched Zero to her chest. Max pushed the door open and she looked up at North who nodded. "Yay" she beamed and North chuckled as Max jumped on the bed and laid his head on her stomach. North turned on Netflix and handed her the remote. She turned on Tim Burtons Batman and cuddled up against North. She soon drifted off to sleep and North smiled as he kissed the top of her head then went to sleep also.