Chapter 21

Kyree sat up and whimpered, her head was killing her. She crawled over Gabriel then stepped over whoever was on the floor so she could go to the bathroom. Once was she was done, she stepped over who was on the floor and headed downstairs. She grabbed a water bottle then sat on the couch in the living room. She rested her head between her hands which were resting on her knees. She bit her lip and tried not to cry, her head was killing her.

"Darling, whats wrong?" Owen asked coming downstairs and spotting her on the couch.

"Migraine," She sniffled and wiped away a tear.

"Lay down and close your eyes," Owen said as he helped her lay down on the couch. She heard him walk away then suddenly a cool washcloth was placed over her eyes. "Sip," he said as he placed a straw by her mouth. She frowned when cold Dr. Pepper entered her mouth. "I know but it may help," he spoke softly. "I have to leave for work but Mr. Korba is about to pick you up and take you to my room so you can have quiet and no one will be loud when they wake up."

"Work," She pouted as she started to rise.

"Work will wait," Owen said placing a hand on her shoulder to stop her.

"But," She started to protest but Owen interrupted.

"Work will wait, you are grounded remember?" he said sternly and she froze. "That means you are not leaving this house until I determine you are ungrounded. Lucy isnt even at the office today so there is no reason for you to be at work."

"But I have drafts to read and –" she protested as she removed the washcloth and found him staring at her crossed.

"And they will wait," he said with the no arguing tone. "You are grounded and I will make it even longer if you keep arguing with me. You have a migraine and working will only make it worse. Mr. Korba will take you to my room where you are to rest. If I find out you have not been resting when I get back then you will not get your stuffies tonight, am I understood?"

She pouted, "Yes Sir," she whispered.

"Ready to go Angelos Mou?" Silas asked coming into the room while the rest of the team waited in the doorway.

"Yes Sir," She whispered as he came over. She wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Well make sure she rests, Mr. B," Corey said as Silas walked past them.

"Ill come check on her after before I leave for my shift," Sean said as he headed to the kitchen.

"Ill make her something to eat," Marc said as he followed Sean.

"Ill bring up her washcloth and Dr. Pepper and water," Nathan said picking them up from beside the couch. "Do you think maybe—"

Owen nodded and interrupted, "Yes Mr. Griffin, I do believe she is fighting her little tendencies. Lucy did say she got migraines when she fought them."

"But she was little around us at the hospital," Brandon said while yawning.

"She was also doped up on pain medicine," Kota pointed out. "Her mind wasnt overthinking like it does normally, plus her trauma was more recent then, its been a few days so its starting to fight back more."

"I think shes in a lot of pain Doc," Silas said coming down the stairs.

"What do you mean?" Sean said sliding his white coat on.

"She kept flinching when I would move her and she bit back a whimper when I moved her back against the pillows. Its more than a migraine," He explained.

"Its probably her wounds and being in a flare up," Sean sighed. "I dont have any liquid pain meds here, all I have are pills but I dont know if she will take them for me since shes fighting and really needs to be in little mode to not stress and heal."

"Let North try," Luke shrugged, "Shes more comfortable with him."

"What?" North asked confused.

"Think about it, she only went full little once North called her Baby and she only talked to him at first while little. Plus North was the protective boyfriend at the store and she called him before the storm. She trusts him more than us right now since he was the first one of the team," he shrugged, "Shes slowly accepting us but he is the one right now that she will feel most comfortable with to slip back into little mode more easily than one of us trying."

"Its worth a try," Owen nodded. "Keep me updated."

Owen left and Marc handed him a plate of scrambled eggs with sausage. North went up to Owens room and gently opened the door. Kyree was sitting on the bed, she wiped the tears when she saw North enter. "Morning Baby," North said as he sat beside her. "Can you try and eat and see if that helps with your head?"

She whimpered and barely shook her head, "No," she whispered holding her head again.

North sat the plate to the side and gently placed her in his lap. "Let go Baby," he whispered carefully taking her hands out of her hair. "Stop fighting it Baby, stop trying to hide it from us Baby." He ran his fingers through her hair and massaged her temples every so often. "We like you being a little, I promise Baby. We like taking care of you and dont like seeing you hurt because you are fighting it. Let us take care of you, stop fighting it. I promise there is nothing to be embarrassed about, Baby."

She barely leaned into his touch so he kept doing it. After a few minutes where he could tell she was still fighting with herself she slowly started relaxing more and more. After a bit she was completely relaxed in his hands. North smiled to himself and pulled her into his chest. She moved her head to where she could hear his heartbeat and sighed in content. He could feel her clutch his shirt in her hands so he started rubbing her back.

"Comfy Baby?" North whispered softly.

"Berry North Star," She whispered and he smiled.