Chapter 29

"You need to try and sleep Pookie," Sean whispered noticing she was still awake while the rest of the team was asleep. Or so she thought.

"I can't," She whispered back. "How long was I out for?"

"You were unconscious for three days," Sean answered honestly. "The first two days we put you to sleep so your body could try and heal without stress and the last day you slept on your own. I hate to ask but do you remember?"

"Yes," She said looking away. "I bet you are disgusted now aren't you?"

"Of course not Pookie," Sean said looking shocked.

"Why not? You should be," She shrugged. "I'm ruined now."

"Look at me," Sean said sternly as he walked over to where she was facing. She refused to look at him. He stuck his finger under her chin and tilted her head up slowly. "Look at me Kyree," he repeated sternly. She slowly opened her eyes and his heart broke at the tears that were threatening to spill and the pain that flowed out of her. "You are not ruined, what he did was despicable but he did not ruin you. You are still beautiful and amazing and breath taking and strong."

"No I'm not," She whispered. "If I was then I would have been able to escape and not let him touch me."

"Kyree, there was nothing you could do, I saw the chains and cuffs and tools he used, there was no way you could stop him. But that doesn't mean you weren't strong. You survived three months with him and were still able to find a way to call us so we could come get you. I am still amazed you were able to stay awake until I found you despite all the blood loss that I saw everywhere. No one should be able to stay awake while losing all that blood and yet you did. You are so brave and strong and amazing. You may not believe it but try and trust me when I say we think you are. You shouldn't be letting men touch you yet you are letting me and the rest of the team. If that isn't special then I don't know what is."

"But one day you will want more than what I can give you," she whispered.

"You will want that again one day," Sean smiled softly. "It doesn't matter how long it takes for you to reach that point we will wait. You will one day and when it happens it will make it that much more special because you chose us for it."

"But what if it's years?" She asked.

"So it will be years," Sean shrugged.

"What if I never?" She asked, "You can't guarantee that I will. I look at my body and all I see is him, I have so many triggers I will never be okay with my body now. He broke me like he said he would."

"Oh Pookie," Sean sighed as he pulled her carefully to him. He helped her wrap her arms around his waist. "He may have tricked you into thinking he broke you but he didn't. He was a very manipulative person and tricked your mind. You are touching me and not having a trigger so that means our touch isn't a problem. We will help you with your triggers as we learn them and I promise one day you won't have them anymore and when that happens you will be comfortable in your body again. Even if it takes years we will still be here with you because we want you, not your body. We love your mind and soul not your body, that is just a bonus," He smirked and she let out a small giggle before groaning in pain. "Okay so no jokes right now," he said as he ran his fingers through her hair. "I promise we will overcome this together, all of us are here for you. I know you may not want to but I truly think it would be good for you to talk to a specialist. We may not be able to be in the room with you but we will stay in the waiting room while you talk. There are female specialists to help you through this."

"Do you really think it would help?" She asked scared.

"I really do," Sean nodded.
"Can Max come with me?" She asked timidly.

"Max?" He asked confused.

"You may not be able to be in the room with me but he's part of the family and he helps me," She explained and he chuckled.

"You know what? That is a very excellent idea, Pookie," Sean smiled. "I'm sure whoever you choose will allow Max to join you."

"I miss him," She pouted, "he helps me sleep."

"Do you want me to wake Kota and see if he will go get him from Erica and Jess?"Sean asked even though he knew the team was just faking sleeping.

"I don't want to disturb his sleep, you need it after everything," She shook her head.

"I know for a fact he won't mind one bit if it means helping you sleep. Plus I know Max has been very worried about you so it will help ease his mind seeing you as well," Sean said.

"Ok if it means helping Max," She nodded.

Sean walked over to Kota and gently shook him. Kota stretched and yawned, "What's up Doc?" he asked rubbing his eyes.

"Pookie wants you to go get Max since I told her he has been very worried about her. She said she sleeps better with him so he will help her get some sleep also."
"Got it, I'll be right back Ten with Max," Kota smiled softly and kissed her forehead.

"Thank you," She smiled softly. About fifteen minutes later Max burst through the door and jumped on the bed. The bang of the door caused everyone to jump and open their eyes. They smiled at Max smothering her with his love. He covered her face in kisses and kept rubbing all over her. She smiled and giggled even though it hurt her. "Max," She beamed and kissed his head. "I missed you too Max," she smiled and held him.

"You think you can go to sleep now Ten?" Kota asked and she let out a yawn. "I'll take that as a yes," He chuckled. "Max, make sure she sleeps." Max barked and laid scooted as close to her as he could. She clutched his fur and within a couple of minutes she was asleep.