Chapter 18

"Hi Sweetie," Erica said coming into the room. "Are you ready for a bath?"

"Hi Mom," Kota said kissing her cheek while removing the bandages.

"Kota Mommy?" Kyree asked while North picked her up carefully.

"Yes Ten, this is my mom. Shes going to give you a bubble bath, Gabe made you special bubbles to play in while my mom washes you up," Kota smiled softly at her.

"Otay," Kyree nodded while North gently walked her into the bathroom. "oh pwetty bubbles Meanie," she clapped at seeing the tub full of bubbles.

"Enjoy Trouble," Gabriel chuckled as he and North left the room.

"How is she doing Doc?" Axel asked softly.

"She is slowly recovering, her bruises are fading and the soap Gabriel made will help with relieving the allergic reaction as well as help relax her mind so she can get some more sleep. Sleep and relaxation will help her body heal better. As for her mind," Sean sighed, "honestly I cant say how long she will be in this mix of little and adult mode. Lucy said she will have little tendencies when she is scared and nervous. With her mind trying to cope with the trauma she has been through, she may be like this for a while. She could also be staying like this to avoid seeing how we react to what she went through. I honestly cant say how her mind will heal."

"We will stay with her no matter what," North said. "Shes our bird."

Everyone nodded in agreement. An hour later Erica emerged with Kyree, "Now sit still and Gabe will come brush your hair for you. Ill see you in the morning okay?"

"Otay, night night," Kyree waved and Erica waved back.

"The bumps are gone and I put fresh non latex bandages on her so shes good to be hooked back up on the antibiotics and pain medicines," Erica told Sean before leaving.

"Come on Trouble, lets get back in bed so I can brush and braid your hair then its bedtime. What movie do you want?" Gabriel asked as he sat behind her and started combing her hair.

"Meanie what wrong?" Kyree asked playing with her shirt.

"What do you mean?" Gabriel asked.

"No bad words," Kyree pointed out.

"Oh" Gabriel said looking at the team. "Nothing is wrong Trouble, Im just sad I cant draw on your new BBs thats all," he lied.

"That otay," Kyree barely smiled but patted his hand. "You draw me picture I hang on wall stay forever."

"Thats a fucking great idea Trouble," Gabriel fake smiled then kissed her head. "Now lay down, its bed time. How about Nightmare Before Christmas?"

"Otay, stay wif me Trouble pwease?" she asked holding his hand.

"Of course Trouble, just let me get your Zero stuffy and blanket okay?" he asked and she let go.

"Tank you Meanie," she smiled then made grabby hands when she spotted her stuff. "Night night everyone, wub you."

"Night night, love you," everyone said kissing her forehead before finding somewhere to sleep.

Kyree opened her eyes and looked around. What was she doing in a hospital? She looked down at her hands and realized she was hooked up to various tubes. Her body throbbed but especially one area did. She burst into sobs as memories came flooding back. She forced herself to stop crying and looked around. She was alone, of course she was, why would anyone want to stay around when she was fucked up? She quickly pulled the IVs out of her and bit back a groan of pain as she got out of the bed and limped over to the closet. She grabbed her clothes and painfully changed. She brushed her hair and pulled it into a low ponytail since it hurt to lift her arms for very long. She slipped her Vans on and saw her purse on the table, she glanced and saw all her stuff was still in it. She grabbed it and slipped out the room. Thankfully everyone seemed too busy to notice her. She left the hospital and hailed a taxi. She told them to take her to a car rental place and closed her eyes since the movement was upsetting her stomach. She should have known better to think they would stay with her after the way she acted last night. She was so embarrassed and foolish. Oh well, she sighed, time to start anew. This time she wouldnt even tell Lucy where she was going. She knew Lucy would be livid but it was for her own good. She only hoped they would keep David away even after the way she acted, but if not she would just keep running for as long as she could.

"Good morning Pookie," Sean beamed as he entered her room. He frowned not seeing her in bed. "Pookie?" He asked knocking on the bathroom door. There was silence. He opened the door and found it empty. "Shit," he groaned noticing the beeping of the machines for the first time. He redlined the team, "Shes gone!" he yelled before Owen could even ask what was wrong as they burst into the room from running out of Seans office a few doors down from her room.

"How the fuck?" North asked checking the bathroom even though Sean already did.

"Check the cams now," Owen told Victor and Corey and they rushed to the security office.

"Im calling Lucy," Kota said grabbing his phone.

"Where could she go Mr. B?" Luke asked.

"I dont know," Owen said straightening his already perfect tie. "But when we find her she is grounded forever. She cant keep running from us."

"You cant be too harsh on her," Lucy said coming into the room. "Shes scared and probably embarrassed about slipping into her little tendencies in front of you."

"It doesnt matter, she cant keep doing this," Axel shook his head.

"I understand that but you have to see it from her perspective also," Lucy argued back. "All she knows is to run, think about it. The last man she trusted you see the way he treated her. Shes scared."

"We wont punish her," Owen sighed, "but she will be grounded once we find her."

Lucy nodded and grabbed her phone. They looked around when they heard a buzzing sound. Nathan opened the nightstand and sighed. He pulled out a vibrating phone and held it up. "Well fuck," Lucy sighed and she hung up her phone and the vibrating phone went silent.