CHAPTER 7

when we all sat in the car it was silent. hannah fell asleep and no one knew what to say or how to start a conversation, so we drove 20 minutes in complete silence to the hospital.

when we walked into the hospital we all smelled that hospital smell. many people were sitting in the lounge and waited to see their family or to get diagnosed. we walked towards the reception with hannah in zayns arms.

"hello, how can i help you?" the black haired receptionist asked. "hannah here passed out and doesn't feel good. we don't know why but we wanted to come here to let her get checked so we can help her." zayn explained.

"aha a caring boyfriend i see" the receptionist laughed. "friend. just a friend." zayn said smiling. i don't know why but him saying he's just a friend and not hannah's boyfriend gave me butterflies. what if i would have passed out and zayn would carry me and the receptionist would ask the same and he wouldn't decline 'boyfriend'. i was jealous of a girl who passed out? what the hell.

the receptionist let a nurse help us find the right room. in this room there was a table with 4 chairs on the one side and on the other side there was another one but in black and way more comfortable. the wall behind the black chair was covered in shelves and documents and files in folders in different colors.

hannah woke up completely when we laid her down and followed the instructions the nurse who guided us to a room gave us.

when the doctor finally came in we explained to him what happened.

"maybe you shouldn't party that much hannah. but you look like you won't stop. from the one party to the other. hop hop hop. No wonder you collapsed. next time i would be more carful because maybe, just maybe, this is the end for you. stop partying every day you sl-" he said in a harsh way when he suddenly didn't finish his sentence and just paused. he just leaned back in his chair and had a big grin on his face while looking at all of us.

we all knew what he wanted to say.

"could you maybe tell her this in a nicer way?" zayn stood up for it.

"Pardon?" the doctor asked and raised his eyebrows. he didn't expect someone to talk back at him.

"he asked you to not say something like that to and about patients." alice said.

"in other words. you shouldn't be such a dick to those people. we pay your bills remember? have a good day" i said while standing up and walking to the door. i smiled fake and walked to the car.

i was pissed for whatever reason. maybe too much was going on in my mind right now. i just had found new friends and went from "freak" to "cool". my brain just had to understand this situation.

~

i've waited for a while.
a few minutes passed and i was sitting on the ground waiting for the others to come outside and for zayn to unlock the car.
when they finally came all of them smiled surprisingly.

"Why are you all smiling?" i asked them as i stood up from the ground.

"our lovely doc just lost a few of his employees and many of his patients who go there regularly for checkups. apparently this wasn't the first time he said something like that. also maybe he will loose his job because of it" hannah said while she was smiling. she looked way better than before.

"we stood up for all of that and we might have overreacted a little but hey, at least no one calls those patients and employees "sluts" and "bitches" anymore" zayn said.

a doctor calling his employees and patients "sluts" and "bitches"... the disrespect. i think he forgot that WE pay his bills!

"well good job i guess?" i laughed, not knowing what else i should say to that.

"uh quick question. is anyone else hungry? can we go eat something?" alice asked.

we all looked at zayn because he was the one who had to drive us. "fine. where should we go i'd say-"

"let's get pizza" i said. "Domino's maybe?"

"i mean sure why not. y'all in?" zayn asked and nodded and so did we.

~~

the car ride was fun. hannah and alice were sitting in the backseat, i was sitting in the passenger seat and zayn drove.

we listened to music because hannah could connect her phone to zayn car.

we went from "Hey, hey, hey. Just think while you've been gettin' down and out about the liars and the dirty, dirty cheats of the world you could've been gettin' down to this sick beat" over to "'Cause all of me loves all of you" back to "I got a feeling
That tonight's gonna be a good night"

i don't know if zayn enjoyed it as much as we girls did but those 20 minutes were amazing. i could do this all day. drive around and listening to loud music. in between we get Mcdonald's, Wendy's,... could be really really fun.

after zayn tried to find a parking spot in-front of a little dominos he just let us out and waited in the car a little bit further down the road. he told us he wanted a cheese pizza witch extra cheese and so
did hannah. alice ordered pasta and i ordered a salami pizza.

while we were waiting hannah asked a weird question. "you know Y/n ... what is going on between you and zayn." she was smiling. she knew something. my cheeks must have been red.

"nothing. why? does it seem like there's something because that's totally not the case. he's a friends and i'm also just one of his friends and there's absolutely nothing between us. why?" i tried to explain.

"zayn always looks at you. he looks at you with those eyes and he just looks at you and admires you and when you suddenly catch him staring he just gets a flushed face." alice explained while hannah was just nodding.
"you guys seem like a couple but also best friends at the same time"

"uhm thanks i guess but to be honest i don't know what is going on between us either" i said while i shrug my shoulders.

"please keep us updated. we promise we won't tell anyone" hannah said.

"yeah we'll see what happens between us" i tired switching the topic as soon as possible when our order was ready.

we walked back to zayns car and decided that we go back to hannah's house to eat the pizza and then afterwards she could lay down and rest a bit.

~

the pizza was delicious and we were having a lot of fun. we were sitting on the floor because the kids chair ,zayn hat to sit in, broke and then we all decided to join him on the floor. hannah didn't have enough chairs to fit us all so zayn decided to go for the kids one she had from her little brother.
we played a few songs in the background and talked about many different things.

when we were all done we quickly brought the pizza cartons down to the trash.

alice offered to stay at hannah's house while zayn and i should just go home. if something happens she would call us.

when zayn and i said goodbye and closed the door behind us we were all alone. he offered me to drive me home and i couldn't say no. now the question was: to my house or his...