CHAPTER 27

the days passed. i was still at zayns house and we both still didn't go to school. i was happier than ever. i could spent all day with zayn and he seemed to like having me around as well. we went through our first real arguments because if you live in a house with someone for 24 hours for 7 days a week you easily get annoyed by the others weird habits or by the way they do something that you would do completely different. at the end of the day we always ended up sleeping in a bed together. we always apologized and that's what counts. we promised each other we wouldn't go to bed when we were still mad at each other.

after a while we needed to go back to school. the evening before, we agreed that we wouldn't hide that we were dating because sooner or later people would find out. we wanted to avoid the situation we once had with kaya.
zayn and i also agreed to just ignore kaya and the rumors going around.

hannah and alice updated us daily if there were any news and they often came by to go to the movies or to just chill. they were the cutest couple i've ever seen and they looked so happy together. they were so excited when we told them that we were dating.

through the time we stayed home, some of zayns friends also stopped by to see if their boy was alright. i didn't know any of them but got to know them better over the time. we got pizza together and zayn went partying with them once or twice.

i wasn't weird about it because i knew zayn would be loyal and wouldn't do anything bad. i trusted him and he knew it. also it technically isn't cheating because we weren't in a relationship. zayn always asked me if it was alright if he was going out with his boys and every single time i said yes. he spent 24/7 with me so why shouldn't he go and have fun with his friends? he was so worried about what i would say when he asked me the first time. apparently i seemed like i would be mad at him for asking that so that's why he was surprised i "let him go".

rumors got set into the world and not only did our class-groupchat go crazy about how I date zayn malik but apparently it was over social media so people who didn't even live in our city knew who we are and that we are dating.

we both didn't really like it because we were normal teenagers living their life. yes zayn i popular and i'm not but why does it have to be on social media? we knew we couldn't do anything about it but it still hurt a little reading through all the rumors.

"zayn is the one who almost killed Y/n "
"zayns parents aren't home because of Y/n "
"Y/n got kicked out of her house because her parents didn't want zayn to be her boyfriend"
"they just don't want to go to school and faked it"
"zayn only dates her because he felt guilty"

one night we went through many of these rumors and some made us laugh but some were just not okay. "Y/n only wants to be popular. she's not in love with zayn. she's such a slut" or "Zayn Malik did almost kill her and now he's trying to make her shut up because if the truth comes out he will go to jail" really hurt. we had endless nights worrying about what would happen if we go back to school.

ignoring rumors isn't as easy as it sounds and we knew it but we needed to try.

"it will be alright i promise" zayn said and gave me a kiss on the forehead. he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a big hug. i hugged him back even tighter.

we were standing at the front door, ready to go to school again.

"let's go" zayn slowly let go of the hug and opened the door for me. i sighed and walked outside to his car and sat in the front seat.

the car ride was silent. it wasn't weird but it wasn't comfortable either. music was playing on the radio and zayn and i didn't speak a single word during this whole ride. his one hand was on the steering wheel and his other one was placed on my thigh to try to show me that it was alright.

we parked in front of the school and got out. zayn placed his hand in mine and squeezed it as we walked inside.

i felt the eyes on us and to be honest it didn't really effect me. zayn told me to ignore it and keep walking if it happened and so i did. i sighed which made zayn look at me and give me a smile which made me smile as well. it really was alright.

"oh my god it's great to see you" hannah said as she walked towards us. she hugged us both and moments later alice showed up as well. alice gave hannah a big kiss and then also hugged me and zayn.
we talked for a while and from time to time i wasn't scared that people were looking i was excited about this whole day. it felt like forever since i last walked these halls.

as the bell rung zayn gave me a little kiss on the cheek and then walked off to class with his friends. alice and hannah also left and so i was alone.

my first class was spanish and so i went to go to my classroom. when i walked inside some people were talking and some of them were looking at me. i sat down where i was always sitting. seconds after i walked in i saw another person walk in. it was kaya.

she looked like she always did. her hair was done, a lot of makeup on her face, clothes i personally wouldn't wear to school, her Michael Kors bag that she used as her school bag and her phone in her hand.

"oh look who's here again" she laughed while i tried not to look at her. she sat behind me. "so you're not gonna say anything to me now? too scared huh?" she laughed again as i turned around. "kaya only because you also had a crush on zayn doesn't mean you have to be like that okay? yes your nerdy friend is dating him now but that doesn't give you the right to behave like that" i said so just she could hear me

"why did you have to bring that up again? he's hot and everyone knows it so don't blame me when i had a crush on him" she went quiet. "kaya i swear to god i will tell zayn everything. that you spread rumors about me and him, that you told my dad about zayn which made him almost kill me and that you did all of that because you were jealous. do whatever makes you happy and make my life to hell but leave zayn out of this." i turned back around and didn't hear a single word from kaya the whole lesson.

the day went by and zayn and i decided we would get some food after school. we both spent our last lesson together in english class. the class was like every other except for the fact that zayn was sitting right next to me. we talked the whole lesson through little papers we threw at the others desks. it was the first time in a while i was having fun in my boring english class.

we walked through the city trying to find something good to eat and after walking up and down the streets and discussing what to eat, we agreed on getting sushi for now and for dinner we would make some homemade pizza. zayn wouldn't let me pay for the sushi but after all it was a great first day back in school.