CHAPTER 25

the day of leaving the hospital came. i was nervous to go back home but to be honest i was also very relieved to go home. well not home but the home that i will have for the next weeks? i don't know how long i'll stay with zayn but we'll see.

my mom didn't answer any of my calls, read any of my texts or showed up again after the weird meetup we had. i didnt know if i was glad about it but my guts told me that it was probably for the best.

zayn of course showed up. he offered me a ride and helped me get my stuff down to the car. we both waved goodbye to the doctors and nurses that i've become 'friends' with over the past days. i will probably miss seeing them everyday. is it weird that i liked my hospital stay?

the car ride long we didn't speak a word for no reason at all. zayn drove and i just admired him and everything around us. it's weird to be outside again. not seeing and feeling the outside for more than 14 days makes a simple car ride much more interesting than it should be. i felt like a little kid driving a new street for the first time, admiring everyone and everything it sees.

i was lost in my thoughts but zayn slamming his door close got me out of them. i didn't even realize we were here already. zayn opened my door and held his hand out. "welcome back home my dear" he said and gave me a big smile which also made me smile. i grabbed his hand and helped myself to get out of the car.

zayn walked towards the door and opened it up for me while he went back to get the bag i had with me. i tried telling him that i could get my stuff on my own but he wouldn't let me. he denied every time.

"i missed being here" i said as i walk towards the bedroom. "i missed you being here" zayn said following me into his room. i knew he was smiling even tho i couldn't see his face. it was just one of these moments where you can clearly tell if a person is smiling because of how their voice changes.

i hopped onto the bed and then laid on my back and stared at the ceiling. zayn was standing in the doorway still with that bag in his hand. i showed him with a hand signal to lay next to me and so he did.

"this bed is so much more comfortable oh my god" i closed my eyes. "i know i slept in one of them" zayn chuckled and so did i "yeah but not for more than two weeks dumbass" "true" he just said.

"so what do you want to do now? we still have half of the day left to do something." zayn asked me and rolled over. i just shrug my shoulders. i didn't know what to suggest to him because every time i got asked this question i would say "yeah let's watch a movie" or "let's go eat something!" and i think that gets boring pretty quick.

"you know what... let's bake a cake" zayn said our of nowhere. i just gave him a confused look as he started to get up. he walked towards the door as he leaned on the wall "just like a "welcome home Y/n "-cake! you cant tell me this isn't funny and cute at the same time." he stared at me with big eyes and i couldn't say no. it sounded fun but we all know how it ended in the movies: with a big mess.

i followed zayn downstairs into the kitchen as i asked an important question "can you bake?" he just shook his head. "great me neither. let's go" i said jumping on his back while he tried finding an easy recipe.

"ugh get off of me" zayn tried fighting me off while he was spinning around, hoping i'd come down from his back. "you've been getting mean over the last 2 weeks my friend" i jumped off of his back voluntarily so he wouldn't throw me down. "oh i don't have to be nice to you at all you know that right?" he said and put his hands down on my waist. we were standing close to another and only a few inches were between our two bodies. he looked me deeply in the eyes and as i was about kiss him he put his hands away from my waist and walked towards the kitchen counter.