CHAPTER 24

Y/N POV:

i woke up to a small letter next to my bed. "good morning princess. the nurse said i can stay the night. if you wake up then you can also wake me up. i hope you slept well! <3" i read the letter out loud but only so that i could hear it. when i turned around i saw a sleepy boy laying in the bed next to mine. i had to smile. zayn always knew how to make someone feel loved.

i stood up and opened the curtains and one of the windows. the sun was shining and the sky was cloudless. it was around 9:30 am and the streets were filled with cars and people that had to go to work or school.

i know it's a weird thing to say but i kind of enjoy my stay at the hospital. of course not because i almost died but because i didn't have to go to school, i was here with zayn by my side and i made some great new friends in the short time i was here. on the other hand i was so ready to get out of this hospital.

i stood at the window for about five minutes until i heard a soft "morning" from behind. i looked behind me and saw a sleepy zayn laying in the bed, rubbing his eyes.

"good morning. how did you sleep?" i asked. "can we cuddle?" zayn said with his typical morning voice. i had to chuckle and walked towards him and lied down on top of him. he wasn't wearing a shirt because he didn't bring any extra clothes for the night of course. i could feel the warmth from his sleep coming from his body. he hugged me tight. i placed my head on his chest and could hear his heart beating. we remained like this for around five or ten minutes and we both almost drifted back to sleep.

we stopped cuddling when we heard a knock on the door. it was probably one of the nurses so i went to open the door while zayn went into the bathroom.

"good morning darling" a familiar voice spoke to me as soon as i opened the door. "mom? what are you doing here?" i asked confused. why was my mom here? how did she find me? what was going on?
"how are you?" she said and gave me a big hug. "could you explain what you're doing here? i definitely didn't invite you here!"
"oh honey can we talk about it inside?" she didn't answer my question but i still let her in.

she sat down on the bed where zayn slept in last night. "so do you want to explain why you're here or not?" i asked confused but also a little annoyed and i think that's understandable because why would she not answer any of the calls when i was literally dying and now she just shows up at the hospital?

"yes sorry. well long story short... the cops called me and they said that if i don't answer or if i don't come see you then i won't have the custody over you. so here i am" she tried giving me a smile but that didn't work very well. "so you just came here to not loose the custody? wow" i said rolling my eyes. "i wouldn't say it that way" she tried explaining herself when the bathroom door opened.

Zayn walked out of the bathroom still with no shirt on. "fuck- i'm sorry. i- im zayn. you must be her mom. nice to meet you!" zayn held his hand out but mom didn't accept the greeting. "who is this?" she asked instead and looked up and down on zayn. "this is zayn. he brought me here so technically he's my life saver mom" i stood up and walked towards him and gave him a kiss on the cheek which made him go red a little.

"so are you like boyfriend and girlfriend?" my mom curiously asked. "uh well i don't know but we're not officially dating i guess" i said as an response. 'great job Y/n that was such a great response' i thought to myself. why did i have to mess things up like that goddamnit.

"did you have a thing? like you know... the dirty?" my mum asked still curious. "mom that's not the question i- we would like to answer okay? you just left and didn't come back when i was in danger and now you're here and all you do is ask about my relationship to a boy. you two never met and i would have thought you two would have a better first time meeting each other" i sighed. "could you maybe go now?"

"fine. but don't think i'll come back" my mom stood up and left. she slammed the door hard which made me and zayn both flinch a little. "god i'm sorry zayn" i apologized. "don't worry. at least you don't have to introduce me to your mom anymore?" he laughed and so did i. he's a jerk.

"so what do you say, movies and cuddling til i have to go?" zayn gave me a look and of course i had to say yes. he had to leave in the evening anyway so what would be better than spending the time, until he had to leave, together? exactly: nothing.

~~

we watched all of my favorite movies. from 'tangled' over to 'the greatest showman' right to the trilogy of 'maze runners'. we were lying in bed and cuddled for almost the whole time we were watching these movies. zayn gave me an uncountable amount of kisses in those few hours and so did i. this right here was almost perfect.

when it was his time to leave he gave me a big hug and kissed me one last time for today. i wasn't that sad that he left. he promised me that he would visit me everyday and even though he couldn't stay here every time he still tried to stay as long as he could.

when i said goodbye for him i didn't feel the loneliness i felt the last few times when he left me because i knew we'd be alright and in less than one week i would officially move in with zayn and maybe one day i'll have the guts to ask him if we are now officially dating or not. because if we go back to school we have three options. number one: we could pretend like we hate each other even though we live together. number two: we would have to listen to all the stupid rumors about us or number three: when we finally date officially than no weird rumors would get into the world right?