CHAPTER 26

i laid in bed for a few more minutes while the shower turned off again and zayn stepped outside. he was wearing a towel around his waist and apart from that he wasn't wearing anyhting. a few waterdrops were falling from his hair down to the ground. he walked towards his closet to get fresh clothes.
"Y/n did you take my hoodie? and my sweatpants?" he asked me peaking outside right onto the bed where i was laying. he looked up and down on me to see if it really was his hoodie. "i might have taken them... yes" i smiled.
zayn rolled his eyes and i could hear a little 'goddamnit' from behind the door.

zayn grabbed a tshirt and some other sweatpants and walked outside the closet again. "so what are we going to do now?" he asked me. "cuddle? i'm really tired" i said in response to that. "i mean sure. it's the first time sleeping here after weeks!" zayn gave me a big smile. he shut off the lights in the bathroom and also checked downstairs that the door was locked and that all the lights were off. he came back and gave me a big kiss on the forehead before shutting off the lights in the bedroom and climbing under the blanket right next to me.

"come here" he said and pulled me closer by putting his arms around my stomach. "sleep well princess. you need some rest" zayn said and buried his head in my neck. i could feel his breath and it gave me goosebumps. i grabbed his hand and put it in mine.

"zayn can i ask you something?" i asked him. i was scared to ask the question. it would probably ruin the moment but i finally needed to know. "yes anything anytime. what's wrong?" i could hear the concern in his voice. "oh it's nothing i just- we've been spending much time together and we got to know each other way better and-" i started and sighed. it was going to ruin the moment now that was for sure. "what do you mean Y/n" zayn asked and straighten up. i rolled over just to look into zayns eyes even tho it was dark and the only light we had was the moon shining through the window and the street lamps coming from the sideway.

"zayn what even are we?" i asked and seconds of silence followed. "what do you mean 'what are we'?" zayn spoke and i swallowed hard. "i'm bad at this whole relationship stuff and- and i'm just scared that you feel different about me, about us and about everything here" i as well sit up and leaned against the wall. "how long has this been bothering you Y/n ?" zayn came near me and cupped my cheek. "a while i guess" "why didn't you say anything?" he chuckled a little bit. "i just didn't want to ruin what we already had... i'm sorry"

"you don't need to be sorry darling" zayn said and placed his lips on mine. he kissed me and i kissed him back immediately. it wasn't a hectic or rushed kiss it was more like a comforting kiss. he cupped my other cheek with his other hand as well and as our lips parted he gave me a comforting smile "what would you want us to be?" my heart started racing. what should i say? i mean i would love to date him or be in a relationship with him but what if he doesn't feel the same? yes he showed me often that he liked me but did he like me or like like me? i didn't know if i wanted to know. what would i want us to be... damn i didn't know.

"i don't know maybe... it's going to be weird if you don't feel the same way zayn" i said and looked zayn in the eyes. "if you're not going to tell me you won't know. just tell me alright?" i could hear the annoyance in his voice. "maybe dating? i don't know if this is too much but-" " Y/n would you like to officially date me?" zayn interrupted me and asked. i was shocked. he asked me what now?! "yes. yes i'd love to" i laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tight. he also wrapped his arms around my waist and did the same.

when we both let go off the long hug zayn asked me something again "so we aren't in a relationship but dating right?" why was he asking that? "uh i'd say so. maybe one day we're in a relationship but right now we are just dating" i said. it was clear that he didn't really want that boyfriend and girlfriend thing but that's okay. we don't know each other for so long. we wait and then we'll see if one day we will be a couple.

zayn chuckled a little and gave me a kiss on the forehead. "this was bothering you for weeks wasn't it?" i knew he knew the answer but i still nodded my head. zayn again chuckled and put his hand in mine. he sighed "you know Y/n you are the prettiest girl i've ever seen. everything you do, you do it so beautifully and seeing you smile makes me smile. i said it before and i will said it a million times again: i really believe that you make me a better person. i'm so thankful i have you here with me and i'm glad i finally could tell you that i would absolutely love to date you. i was so scared that you wouldn't feel the same way i did" he looked me deeply in the eyes and so did i.

"you're going to make me cry zayn" i said and wiped away a little tear away. his words really hit me. "i hope those are tears of joy. let them out" zayn said and hugged me tight. my head buried in his chest, i was hearing his heart beat. two or three tears left my eyes and i couldn't stop replaying the words he said in my head. i didn't know in which way i made him a better person but i appreciated this so much. no one told me i make their life better and these words were great to hear. they meant so much to me.

zayn slowly let go off the hug and right after he gave me a big smile i leaned forward to kiss him. i was not even an inch away from his lips when he placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer. i was now sitting in zayns lap and wrapped my legs around his waist. zayn came near me and our lips touched again. our eyes were closed and we both just enjoyed the moment.

the night was filled with kisses, hugs and laughs. we both happily went to sleep a little bit after midnight. all my worries were gone in that moment and i couldn't have wished for a better first night in my new home. zayn was going to make sure i would be safe with him but he would definitely make sure that i didn't feel like he was too pushy. i loved being with him and i loved the way he treated me and everyone around us. he was the most loving and caring person i've ever know.

i was a fool for him for sure.