CHAPTER 20

i sighed and started again "i pulled her into my lap and she was holding her stomach weirdly. i could see that she was in pain. when i saw her arm i had to gag a little. i cannot really see blood and her whole arm was covered in it. she had little splitter from glass stuck in her arm. i felt the pain by just looking at it. i asked her various times why she was holding her stomach like that and as soon as i only slightly touched it she threw up. i didn't like it and seeing blood didn't help at all. she leaned on me and sobbed while i tried rubbing her other arm. i tried my best not to hurt her or to make it even worse. for a second she blacked out. her body was too weak to hold itself. i told her to stay with me and brought her to the car. i carried her trying not to touch her arm, her stomach and in general i tried not to touch her where she might have been hurt."

"how about the drive to the hospital? did she throw up again or-" the friendly officer asked. "i just layed her on the backseats and nothing happened the whole car ride. when i parked the car in front of the hospital i swung the door open and carried her inside. she passed out again" i said with a little voice crack at the end. in that moment i though i lost her. i couldn't loose her. not her, not now and not in that way!

"we heard from the colleges that you almost harassed the doctors and nurses is that right?" he said when he put his pen down. he looked me deep in the eyes and unofficially told me that i fucked up. "i would not say i harassed them! i might have gotten in the way of some docs talking to some patients in the waiting room but it was necessary! you can ask the doctors but i saved her life! if i wouldn't have put so much pressure on the doctors to help Y/n then she probably would have died!" i tried to explain myself. the two cops just looked at each other while the one looked more skeptical and the other one tried to convince him that i did a good job.

"okay one last thing then i think we got the first part. what did you do while Y/n was still in a coma?" "well that's easy. while she had a surgery i waited in the lobby and went to the cafeteria a few times and got some snacks. when she finally was in a room i begged the nurses to let me stay until she wakes up because her mother was gone, her dad did this to her and she didn't have any siblings. i was the only person there for her and also i needed to know if she was okay. i was worried about her and so they let me stay. when she woke up i was asleep but then after the doctors spoke to her i also begged the doctors to let me stay for tonight to be there for her. they brought me an extra bed and i slept there. then in the morning you came or better said your colleges did. that's it" i cracked my knuckles again.

when the officer stopped writing both stood up and so did i. "recording one. zany malik. Y/n. end" one of them spoke and the other one ended the recording and packed that recording device in his pocket. we shook hands and the two thanked me for being so cooperative. they guided me outside of the room and into the lobby and told me to wait there for a second.

i sat down and my leg bounced up and down. i always did this when i was anxious. i did this before a test or when i talked to my parents. i was nervous about what would happen now. i didn't knew if i could go back to Y/n , i didn't know if i needed to do a second statement and i didn't know why i was waiting.

i sat there for about 10 minutes and the lobby got slowly more empty every minute passing. i almost jumped up when i saw someone walking towards me.

"can i go back to her now?" i asked the woman holding a few files. "listen zayn. i talked to the two you talked to and one of them is convinced that you're the good guy and the other one... well how do i say it... well he isn't very convinced about what you told them." she clearly tried to avoid eye contact. "wait wha- what do you mean he is not fully convinced?" i asked. this was unbelievable. "zayn i'm sorry but i don't know but if i would know then i would not be allowed to tell you" the lady tried to give me a smile but it didn't help at all. "so that means i'm not allowed to see her" i questioned. why wouldn't he believe me?

"i'm sorry zayn but you have to go now. we will send you a letter if we need a lie detector test from you and we will write you if you can see Y/n again okay?" "you mean when i'm gonna see her right? i will see her again right? she won't get taken away from me is she?" my voice broke. "i'm again very sorry but i can't give you more information. please go home now and we will send you a letter in the next few days-" "DAYS?" i yelled "so you're telling me i have to wait days until i even know if i can see y/n or not?! really?"

"zayn i need you to calm down alright we just want the best for you and for her-" "for me and for her? i'm sick of this sentence! i almost saw her die because her father almost murdered her only because he is a fucking alcoholic addict? i don't think you guys understand how much i hate him right now and y'all are going to do nothing? absolutely nothing? you're gonna charge me for his actions? really?" to be honest i didn't mean to yell at her but this just pissed me off! why do i have to pay for what her dad did to her?

"what do you mean her dad did this?" the lady asked me and looked at me confused. "wait what? i clearly told those two officers that it was her dad!"