CHAPTER 8

"are you driving me home home or home to you? it's been my home for the last day so..." i asked him when we were sitting in the car.

"i don't know. if you want to you could come to my house again. i don't know what we want do but you could come. my parents shouldn't be home yet." he said.

"maybe we should get to know each other better" i requested and zayn nodded.

"what are your hobbies?" he asked me. "i don't think i have any sporty hobbies but i like to draw even tho i'm not good at it and i really like to read" i said with red cheeks. the best thing you could say when someone asks you what your hobbies are is definitely not saying that you like to read. "cool"- boys would not like it.

"cool. does that make you like smarter? should i start reading?" he giggled and i had to laugh too.

"everyone thinks that reading makes you smarter. it doesn't! reading your textbooks for school is something different than reading a book about murder. i don't know if and when people will understand this" i laughed while burying my face in my hands.

"reading makes you smart and playing video games make you dumb. blue is for boys and pink is for girls. dresses and painted nails are for girls and jeans and big hoodies are only for boys. i don't like the people who say this. this is so old school. if i wanted to have my nails painted then i'm gonna paint my nails wheres the-" zayn got a point but he just stopped in the middle of his sentence.

we were standing at a red light when he looked over to me and looked me deep in the eyes. "i want to have my nails painted." he just said and a smile slowly built up on his face and so did one on my face.

i just nodded in excitement and thought about all the different colors he could wear and how beautiful he would look with painted nails.

"you know what Y/n " he asked me.
"fuck gender rules. they are dumb!" he smiled while focusing on the street when the light went green.

"fuck gender rules" i replied to him, happily leaning back.

~

zayn and i drove to the nearest store to buy nail polish. he decided he wanted to wear black, white and purple. on the right hand he wanted the whole hand black except for the thumb and the middle finger. he wanted his middle finger purple and his thumb white.
on the left hand he wanted his hand white while his thumb is black and his middle finger is again purple.

i think i fell in love with him even more in that moment. fuck gender rules. if men want to wear nail polish they can. it doesn't hurt anyone.

~

"y/n ?" zayn asked when we arrived at his house.
"yeah?" i replied walking into the living room.
"do you think my boys will like it?" he asked as he was looking at the nail polish we bought.

"i don't know how they are but whatever they say to your nails if it's not a compliment then just don't listen to it. i'm sure you'll look great with them." i tried to comfort him.

he thanked me and i could clearly feel how much he needed those words right now. he didn't seem like he would care about what people thought but he actually worries a lot about it. the opinions of his friends are especially important to him.

zayn then asked me if i could paint his nails right now and i said yes to it.

~~

a few minutes later he was sitting there on his couch with painted nails. he was so excited about them and they looked very beautiful on him. he picked great colors and a cool design.

"i don't work at a nail salon sorry" i laughed a little while he was inspecting his nails.

"i love them." he just said and was fascinated by them. "can i do this more often? can you paint my nails more often?" he asked and i nodded.

he is acting like a little child who was given a lollipop for the first time. he was so fascinated and happy.

"you need to let them dry a little longer. please don't touch anything because whatever you do it will ruin your nails. if you need something then just tell me." i said while waking into the kitchen.

"could you maybe get me some water. i didn't havr any while you painted my nails and i drank all of my coke while we were driving to hannah to eat the pizza" he laughed a little. "actually don't worry i'll just drink later" he said.

"where are the glasses?" i asked him from the kitchen. he helped me find them while coordinating me from the couch. i don't understand why he didn't stand up but better too careful than careless.

i tried to get him to drink but we always bursted out in laughter when i held the glass on his mouth to drink. zayn now had water on the table and his shirt was wet and we both realized that he should really wait until his nails were dry.

~

after his nails were ready zayn asked me if i wanted to continue asking each other questions so we could get to know more about the other.

"which classes do you all have?" he asked me.

"i have english, spanish, art theory or better said art history and music. then i also have history and sport theory as extra classes. what about you?" i asked him.

"i also have english, spanish, music and sport theory but i have chemistry and art as extra classes." he answers and this was the first time i realized that we had almost the same classes.

"what exactly are you doing in art class. we just talk about the famous artists and painters and when they were born and that stuff but i heard people say that your class is completely different! i often saw you leaving the school during 4th period for example but with like spray cans and painting brushes in a bag" it sounded like i was stalking him.

"it's like graffiti and that stuff. what we do doesnt fit the classical ideals of art. digital art, spray painting and some more stuff you probably never even heard about. we sometimes go to places we can spray at to test our skills. it's really fun and i like that kind of art the most and that's probably why you have seen me leave sometimes" he explained. i could feel that he was very passionate about it.

"can you maybe show me some of the places you sprayed at? i'd like to see your work!" "yeah of course. we can walk there" he stood up and walked to the front door.

"are you coming?" he asked and gave me a look that said 'come now or i'm gonna leave without you' but in a happy and passionate way.

i stood up and also walked to the front door and walked outside.