CHAPTER 14

i let zayn be upstairs and decided i call my mom to tell her that i will go to zayn "after school".

"mom? hello?" i asked after she picked up but didn't say anything.
"yes i'm here" she finally answered.
"i'll go to zayn after school if that's okay" i was nervous about this question because i know my mom and the last time i brought a boy over my mom flipped out. this boy was gay!
"uhm why exactly?" she asked confused.
"we have a project for english class together and we couldn't finish it in the lunch break. i only need a few hours." i tried to think of an excuse and because my parents are pretty strict i knew how to come up with those things pretty quickly.
"oh of course darling but please don't do something stupid!" my mom was surprisingly fine with it and after that i hung up.

zayn still didn't come out of the room so i thought i could give myself a little house tour. i knew that the bedrooms and two extra bathrooms were upstairs, the kitchen, living room and dining room were here and i knew that somewhere downstairs there was a gym but i never saw the rest of the basement so i thought it would be a good idea to go there.

when i went downstairs nothing changed. everything was white and grey or black just like upstairs. there were three rooms and one of them was the gym.

first i opened the door to the one on the right. it looked like an office. it was a big white room with a big window on the right side of the room. there was a big desk and a computer and a laptop laid on it. the chair reminded me a lot of the one in the hospital when hannah collapsed. on the one wall there were only pictures of houses and also of a family. this was probably the office of his parents and the little boy on those pictures was probably zayn. i took out my phone to take pictures of these baby photos of zayn.

"do you need a reference? me as a baby and me as an almost adult? here i'll pose for you!"
"jesus zayn. could you maybe not scare me like that the next time? i'm still paranoid because of the movie we watched." i turned around and saw him.
"what were you doing down here anyways?" he asked and grabbed me by my hips. i placed my arms around his neck and got on my tippy toes so i could almost look him directly in his eyes.
"you didn't want to give me attention so i gave myself something to do. i never was down here so why not look around a little right?" he laughed and looked away.

"i called my mom and she actually said that it was okay that i stayed a little 'after school'" i told him and bit my lower lip a little. his eyes were fixed on mine and he knew what that ive meant with it.
"actually" he started and let go of my hips and wandered around a little in the room "i wanted to go with you somewhere". he wanted to go somewhere with me? in public? after that happened? "are you sure about that?"
"i am 100% sure that i wanna take you out" he crossed his arms and leaned against the desk.
"take me out?" i raised my eyebrows and also crossed my arms.

"i want to surprise you with where we are going so would you mind not knowing what we're going to do?" he asked and walked towards me again. "no i wouldn't mind but if it's something stupid i won't do it okay?" i said. "okay?" he laughed.
i walked a little around him and i wandered a little around the room before i nodded and looked at zayns confused face.

"the last one who's at the car smells bad!" i said and ran upstairs. zayn was following me and was right behind me. we both ran outside to the car and because i've had a head start i touched the car first.
"you've had a head start! this is not fair!" zayn said and played pissed while breathing heavily. "already out of breath champion?" i giggled. "you're such a little child" he said as he walks to he drivers side. "and you're an idiot. being an idiot isn't much better" i laughed and got in the car and so did zayn.

~

the whole drive i asked zayn where we were going but he didn't want to tell me until we stopped in front of a mall. "you took me to a mall? i don't have any money zayn!" i said. "i don't have enough money to buy you something today princess but i have enough for something different. follow me please." zayn said and opened my door and held our his hand. i put my hand in his and he helped me get out and kissed the back of my hand. he knew that this would make me smile and it definitely did.

we did hold hands until we were inside of the mall. we both decided it would be better not to if someone of our school would be there. if they would see us the rumor would be spread even more and if they would see us hand in hand then i don't even want to imagine what would happen.

zayn walked in front of me and looked behind him and stopped every time he couldn't feel my presence right behind him. he learned from the last time.
we walked for quite a while when he finally told me that we were where he wanted us to be.

"i don't know if you're a fan of this but i thought that maybe we could get pictures in one of those photobooths? i saw some people do it and it was really cute so i took you here" zayn said and his cheeks went red. "naaaw you're red. god you are so cute. yes i'd love to take pictures with you in that photobooth! i love those photobooths." i told him and i was genuinely so excited about it. he let out a deep breath. he was so relived that he picked the right thing.

we got in one of them as soon as one of them was free. we sat down and i could feel that zayn was a little tense. i placed my hand on his knee and when he looked at me i gave him a little kiss on his cheek.

"i don't want to mess up" zayn said. "don't worry. just have fun alright! those pictures are better if you look at them and remember something funny that happened in the photobooth!" i tried to explain.

"let's have one just us smiling right into the camera?" i requested. he just nodded his head and when the countdown showed up zayn started to tickle me. i had to laugh and zayn also chuckled.

"what was that for" i looked at him and asked still smiling wide. "you said you wanted a picture laughing and as i like to say i saw an o-" he said "opportunity and took it" i rolled my eyes and finished his sentence. Zayn just looked at me and in the corner of my eye i saw the countdown for the second picture so i just turned my head and looked straight into the camera while zayn still looked a little offended at me. i knew he took that with a bit of humor.

"this was the second photo already?" zayn said as he heard the 'click' sound after the second photo was taken. "yes. you have to get ready and you should never forget about the countdown!" i told him and i saw him trying to understand how to manage all of it.

"so if i do this i will probably forget about the countdown but it would be a great photo" he thought out loud. "just do what you think would make a great pic-" i got interrupted by zayn laying his lips on mine. i didn't think he would do that and but i remembered his teasing games that he played so in conclusion it didn't really surprise me i just enjoyed the moment.
right after we heard the click his lips left mine.

"this probably did make a cute picture" i said while zayn just nodded. "you know what Y/n ?" he turned to me and smirked. "i have a great idea for the last one. just look hot but this won't be a problem for you" "uhm okay?" i replied and i was not quite sure if this was really a great idea.

the countdown for the forth and final photo started as Zayn placed one of his hands on my throat
chocking me a little. i put my head back because when he does things like this it drives me crazy and he knew it. i saw zayn smirking and after we heard the click for the photo he simply grabbed me by my neck and laid my lips onto his. he kissed me passionate and as i started moaning quietly in between the kisses he stopped and looked deep in my eyes. "behave yourself princess or do you want to let everyone hear your pretty little moans?" he stood up and went out to get the photos.
he looked at them for a while then turned to me and smiled. "i love the last one"