CHAPTER 17

Alice and Hannah left an hour after we talked about school, the LGBTQ+ community and the relationship between them. mine and zayns 'relationship' wasn't mentioned again and in kinda was glad about that.

when the two girls left and the door closed i immediately crawled into zayns lap. "i'm sorry" i said giving him a soft kiss while cupping his face with my hands. "don't be princess. you couldn't know." he said while wrapping his arms around me.

"what happened at home? you've never told me why you were actually here."
"my dad isn't the dad i would want him to be. he's never home but when he is everything ends in chaos. he cheated on his wife and now my mom thinks he did the same to her. i don't hope he did and he says that he didn't but i'm not sure if i should believe him." i played with zayns hair and tried not to let this hit me too hard "he tells me i'm not the daughter he wanted but somehow i still love him. he's my dad and i know my mom overreacts quickly and i most times defended my dad but after what happened earlier i don't think i can ever defend him again." i hugged him and laid my head on his shoulders.
"you don't have to talk about it if it's too hard for you to tell me. tell me whenever your ready darling" zayn said and hugged me even tighter. he knew when it was the right time to hug me. he knew when i needed his hugs the most. "no it's okay. he broke something that was very important to my mom and also to me. i know that this did hit my mom hard and all i did was scream in his face and then i just left. i don't think he
expected me to be home already and he definitely didn't expect me to yell back at him."

"how about we get some you some stuff from home and you sleep here tonight. would that be an idea? he said and looked at me with his beautiful brown eyes. he wanted the best for me and i could clearly see him trying. he was just such a loving and caring person. "it's getting late. get in the car princess i will be there in a second." zayn said and gave me the car keys.

~~

zayn drove to my house and said he would wait for me in the car. i planned to get some stuff for tonight and tomorrow morning for school. when he pulled up in front of my house i could see the lights flashing from the living room. someone was awake and was watching tv.
" are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" "yes i'm sure. if my dad sees you you're so dead. just wait for me here!" i said and got out of the car.

i tried sneaking in as quiet as possible. i heard the tv on almost full volume and heard how some guy yelled something about a touchdown. "you all play like shit" came from the room. my dad was home and he didn't sound like he was sober or calm at all.
i couldn't see my mom anywhere and all i've heard was my dad opening another beer and the guy from the tv.
i started breathing heavily. if my dad is drunk then you better do what he says or you won't leave without bruises. when i was younger he would give me a bloody nose on a daily basis because of his alcohol problem. he always wanted a son and if i did something he didn't like or when i talked back at him he treated me like a bag of shit but he only did this when my mom wasn't home which traumatized me until this day. i never told my mom what he was doing because i was too scared that she would choose him over me. now she was gone, we've had a serious argument earlier and he's drunk. i was never more scared of him. i tried not make a sound but our floor was way too creaky to help me with that. i knew from former sneaking outs where to walk and where the floor would creak especially loud.

"i see your reflection you bitch" i've heard my dad say. my heart sunk when he stood up and walked towards me. i took a few steps back but soon my back hit the wall and nocked a family photo off of it. i could clearly see how many beers he already had by the way that he walked towards me. i had to swallow hard. i didn't know what was coming now but i was terrified.

"where were you?" dad said and put his hands around my neck and squeezed it which hurt a lot. "i was at a friends house because i didn't want to stay any longer after what you did" i said trying to get myself out of his hands. before i realized he slapped me right across my face which made my nose bleed. i flew to the ground and got a splitter of glass from the picture frame stuck right in the back of my hand. "and why are you here again?" he said angrily and pulled me back up by my hair. "i'm leaving" i said quiet. "what was that!?" he yelled at me and again slapped me. "i said i am leaving! i'm not staying here" i shouted at him. "just like your stupid mother huh? you all are sluts!" he laughed and walked back to the couch. "take that back right now!" i couldn't believe what he said. he can talk shit about me but not about mom. "don't talk back to me you stupid slut!" he shouted and turned around outraged. "i did talk back and now take that back. no one talks about my mother like this and especially not you because you are no longer part of our family you dickhead!" i finally stood up for myself.

"oh you shouldn't have said that" my father laughed and in the next moment he grabbed a bottle that was laying on the floor and threw it at me. out of reflex i tried covering my face with my arms. of course the bottle broke and splitters of the green bottle got stuck in my arm. my arm started to bleed heavily and i couldn't help myself but let out a scream because of the pain i've felt. i started crying and slid down on the wall holding my arm while tears streamed down my face. "i told you that you should better not have said that" he let out a chuckled. he came near me pulled me back up on my injured arm and laughed. "you deserve it. i should have done that a long time ago. sometimes Y/n ... sometimes i wish you were never born. you ruined my life completely. you are useless and no one will ever love you. accept it. you will die alone or end up on the streets or maybe even both" with every word he said he came closer to me. i was still pressed to the wall, crying.
"also Y/n" he put his one hand back on my neck "next time you fuck around with somebody just tell us and don't lie to us. kaya told us everything. you weren't at her house. zayn is his name right?" he let go but grabbed my chin instead and looked me dead in the eye and said "he doesn't love you. you're a useless stupid housewife for him." he then let go and just laughed at me. "i'd rather be a housewife than having to live here with an asshole." i mumbled and was on my way to the front door. "what did you say?" my dad said and i knew that it wasn't right to say that and i knew i would get hurt but i slowly didn't care about the pain anymore "you've heard me asshole". dad packed me by my hair and smashed my head agains the wall. one time. another time. and a third and final time. my nose bled harder than ever before. he pushed me onto the ground and just stamped on my stomach and my injured arm with his dirty shoes. "does it feel good?" he asked with anger in his voice "you deserve it Y/n ! You deserve it.". he could clearly hear me cry out loud. i was laying on the ground screaming. i never felt so helpless in my entire life. i whimpered and got up holding my stomach. i felt like i needed to throw up.

"you better run slut! don't ever come back here ever again! you're not my daughter anymore!" he slapped me once again and pushed me towards the door. "i can promise you. i won't come back here" i smiled fake and went outside.

~

after the door closed behind me i sat down on the first step of our stairs that led from the sidewalk to our front door. i leaned against the door and held my stomach. i didn't knew what hurt the most, my arm, my nose and my head or my stomach.

i saw zayns car still standing there and when he saw me he immediately ran out to me, sprinted up the few steps and sat down next to me. " Y/n what happened?!" he asked with a concerned look and slowly put me into his lap. he gagged when he saw my arm. my arm was covered in blood while the sharp green glass splitter were still in it. "we need to bring you into the hospital. right now!" he stood up and i tried to do the same but whenever i tried my legs couldn't hold me. " Y/n what is wrong? why are you holding your stomach like that?" i really tried to answer him but i couldn't. the moment he only slightly touched my stomach i had to puke. puking was already a bad thing and seeing blood didn't make it better. i couldn't even let out a cry anymore i just sat there and sobbed quietly. my body was too weak to keep me up and for a second i blacked out. "please stay with me Y/n ! i will drive you to the hospital!" zayn said and picked me up carefully. he opened the backseat door and laid me on the 3 backseats. zayn then got in the car as well and started the motor. he held my hand whenever he could. every time we were stuck on a red light i heard him swear. the last things i've heard were "please stay with me Y/n" and "you can do it. we are almost here". i've felt how zayn opened up the door and i felt a cold breeze because it was already night and then i passed out completely.