CHAPTER 18

i woke up in a hospital bedroom. it was a big room with only one bed in it. all lights were shut off except for a little night light next to my bed.
i looked around and slowly i started to hear the machines next to me which beeped. there was a big monitor to my right that showed my heart rates and my heartbeat. on my arm i had a bandage that went all around my arm and also had a nasal bandage.

i looked around a little more and saw zayn sleeping in a chair. the clock told me that it was around 2 in the morning. he was probably waiting for me to wake up from my anesthesia and fell asleep too and i don't blame him at all. i didn't know if he never left since he got me here or if he came back and waited since i'm in this room. either way what he did was cute. zayn not only took me here but he also didn't leave my side.

i didn't knew if i should wake him up but only minutes later two doctors came in and did that for me. " Y/n you're awake!" zayn said and walked towards me. "can i hug her?" he asked the doctors. they nodded but told him he should be careful. i never felt so relieved to hold him in my arms. he gave me a little kiss on the forehead and held my hand.

"how do you feel?" "that's what we wanted to ask you" the doctors said. "i feel fine. my head hurts and my stomachs does too but i feel fine." i told them. one of the two doctors wrote everything down. "we will let you sleep. if you need something then there is a button. if you press it we get a notification and we will come as soon as we can." they explained to me some other stuff but i couldn't keep up because they talked way too fast for me so i just nodded and pretended like i understood everything. "and sir i'm sorry but you need to leave now. visiting hours ended long ago and now that she's awake you can go home my boy." one of the doctors said and put his hand on zayns shoulder.

"cant i stay here for the night? i want to be with her. please don't take her away from me after what happened!" zayn begged. the two men looked at each other and then asked one of the nurses to bring a bed in. "thank you so much!" zayn said and smiled at the two doctors. "a caring boyfriend" one of them said while walking to the door. "that's the least i can do" zayn giggled and as soon as the door closed he came up to me. "how are you Y/n ?" he asked and put away the hair that was hanging in my face. i just told him that i was fine. "did you stay here the whole night?" i asked him quiet. "yes i did. i didn't want to leave you alone. i just couldn't leave i was too worried. they told me many times that i should go home and get some sleep but every time i refused to" he explained and took my hand and gave it a little kiss. "i'm awake now. please go to sleep zayn. you're here with me and i'm safe now so don't worry. i will be there first thing you see when you wake up and i can promise that i won't go anywhere but please get some sleep!" i yawned and zayn just nodded. "goodnight. sleep well" i said when zayn crawled in the bed that was right next to me. "goodnight" he said with a smile on his face. he knew i was safe here. zayn fell asleep faster than i thought but i don't blame him at all! this boy stayed with me for so long.

~~

the night wasn't as bad as i thought. my mouth was way too dry and my head didn't stop hurting but what did i expect. the bed wasn't uncomfortable and the weird cables didn't annoy which surprised me a little. i was sleeping until a nurse came in and woke me up for breakfast.

"good morning. i hope you had a decent sleep. here's your breakfast. bread, some jam, butter, cheese and a coffee. here's some milk and some sugar if you need it and i will also get you some water" a friendly nurse said and gave me a little tray. "also if you need some- what is he doing here?" she asked.
"he drove me here after that all happened" i said and pointed to my nose, arm and stomach "he was here all night and waited for me to wake up. when i woke up he begged the doctors to let him stay for the night and surprisingly they let him stay"
"oh is he your boyfriend?" the nurse asked me. i didn't know what to say because was he my boyfriend? "well i don't know if we are dating or not and if he is my boyfriend but i know he's my little hero. i wouldn't have gotten here without him." i told her and gave her a little grin. "when he wakes up tell him that he is in fact a little hero. the doctors will explain why in a little bit. eat up!" she smiled and went out of the room.

i ate my breakfast and it wasn't as bad as expected. it was now around 10 am and zayn slowly woke up. "good morning" he yawned "did you sleep good? how do you feel?" zayn asked and sat up. "i feel pretty good actually and had a decent sleep. how about you?" i smiled at him. the first thing he did was asking if i'm okay. zayn just nodded and yawned again.

~

half an hour later the two doctors from yesterday came in and so did the police. zayn and i had the exact same reaction. we both sat up and just looked at them and then at each other. what do they want here? okay it was kind of obvious that they wanted to know what happened but already? i thought they would ask me after i leave the hospital?

"Zayn could we ask you a few questions?" one of the officers asked. "wha- why?" zayn asked curious. "it's nothing bad. we just want to hear from you what happened because those wounds don't look like they come from falling down the stairs." the other officer now said and pointed at me. my cheeks went red when everyone looked at me. this whole situation could have been avoided. i felt sorry for zayn because now that he brought me here he had to go through that shit too.

"okay?" zayn just said and stood up. "can i come back after this?" he asked and looked at the officers, the doctors and then at me. "we'll see" the officer said and put one hand on zayns shoulder to bring him outside. "one second please" zayn walked towards me and kissed me on the lips "i'll be back in a few!" he smiled shortly and then went out of the room with the two police officers.

"now to you Y/n ..." the one doctor said and sat down on the bed zayn slept in "this boy saved your life. we wouldn't have been able to find out what was wrong with your stomach if he didn't beg us to help him or better said to help you. if we would have waited for only 10 more minutes you probably wouldn't have made it out alive." my heart sunk. he saved my life probably without knowing it. he begged them to help me and he did everything he could to prevent me from dying. this was probably what the nurse meant when i told her he was my hero.

"surgery tonight was a success and now we only need to get some of the splitters out of your arm" one of the doctors explained. "wait. surgery?" i asked. when did i have surgery and why did no one tell me?
"yes surgery. you can't remember anything right?" i shook my head. "maybe your boyfriend will explain this to you later" the one doctor chuckled.
"but i want to know what happened. now." i said and looked from the one to the other.
"fine but we don't have much time alright?" he said and told the other doctor to go out of the room.

"i never introduced myself. im sorry. im doctor davis." he held out his hand. "i normally work here from 11pm until 12pm. i know it's a long shift but this is not what we wanted to talk about right?" i had to chuckle. he was like me. he talked without thinking but that made him likable.

"your boyfriend saved your life Y/n . When he brought you here you were unconscious. he brought you in in his arms and wouldn't let anyone touch you. he tried to explain what happened but he was way too nervous about what we would do to you even though we only wanted to help. he begged us to check on you and said it was very important because he couldn't figure out why you passed out or why you were holding your stomach the whole time. we did a few checks and noticed a rupture of the pancreas. you got rushed to surgery and if we would have waited for 10 more minutes you wouldn't have made it out alive." dr. davis explained everything to me and i just listened.
i felt anger inside me. my own dad almost killed me.

"we then brought you in this room and he never left your side. he made sure to be there when you woke up. he's getting asked about everything right now and later today we will remove those splitters completely. you're arm will be fine after that. your nose was broken so we needed to fix that but after a while it shouldn't hurt anymore. someone will tell you more about that later. also Y/n if i can tell you something; keep that man. he cares so much about you and you don't find these men very often nowadays." the doctor said and smiled a little "also i have to go now. work is calling."

we said our goodbyes and then he left my room.

did i just hear that zayn malik saved my life while my own father almost killed me?

just so i understand: zayn malik, the guy i had a crush on since the 6th grade first let me and other girls stay at his house where we kissed, he then let me live with him even longer and now he saved my life? wishes can come true. well apart from the fact i almost died that's not what i've wished for.