CHAPTER 12

the day of leaving came. i stayed for a few days at his house, i slept in his bed, i got food for him and he got food for me, we watched movies, we danced and laughed a lot and now i had to leave.

we still would see us in school but we would have to pretend. we agreed that we will live life like we did before we got to know us better. we didn't speak, we didn't hug or even kiss. we pretend like we are strangers again only this time with a few secrets.

i had to go back to kaya, hannah, alice and the other girls while zayn had to go back to his friends. zayn decided he didn't want to have painted nails. he said he was too afraid of what they would think.

i had to pack my stuff which was spread all around his closet. zayn gave me the opportunity to put my clothes next to his in the closet so i wouldn't need to live out of a bag.

we decided we didn't want to let anyone know that we kissed and that i stayed at his house for a few days. we decided to keep it private for now and maybe one day we will tell our friends.

zayn hugged me and gave a thousand kisses to my forehead.
"i'm going to miss waking up and seeing your beautiful face. i will miss kissing your lips whenever i want to. i will miss the comforting cuddles at night. i'll be so lonely at night Y/n " he told me while he was hugging me tighter than ever. "i will miss you too but if everything works out i'm going to be with you soon again. we see us in school and yeah maybe we cannot kiss but in the afternoon i'll try to be always here!" i said and picked my bag off the ground. "see you in school" zayn said quietly before i left.

we were way too dramatic but i lived with this boy for 4,5 days straight.
he was the first thing i saw when i woke up and he also was the last thing i saw before i fell asleep. i will miss him when i sleep alone in my bed.

~

the first thing my mom did when she saw me was giving me a big hug. "there's my little girl!" she said and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"how was it living with Kaya for 4 days?" she laughed. "it was fun" i said as enthusiastic as i could. "are you okay Y/n ?" mom asked and gave me a concerned look. i nodded and she didn't ask further questions.

i went up to my room and packed my unused stuff back into my closet. as i went through my clothes i found a hoodie. Zayns Hoodie. there was a sticky note on it which said "if you feel alone at night this is my favorite hoodie. do whatever you want with it. zayn <3" i had to smile and pressed the hoodie to my chest. this hoodie smelled like him.

~~~

on the next day i had to get back to school. we've had a week long break because an accident in chemistry happened. it was all good now and now we had to go back to school.

i got up at 7:30 am to get ready. i had luck and had to be in school at 9 instead of 8.

i looked for something to wear and chose a black skinny jeans and a red shirt. my shoes were my black nike air force. i loved them and you could clearly see that.

i brushed my teeth and then my hair and decided i wanted to leave my hair open and not do anything with it today. zayn told me i looked good with open hair but he also said i look beautiful with a messy bun or braids so that didn't really help me.

my mom was already at work and so was my dad. i went to the kitchen and ate my cereal. the milk was almost empty so i wrote down that we needed new milk. we have a board in our house and we write down what we need and everytime someone goes shopping they have to bring at least one of the things that are on the list with them. all of these items need to get bought in one week or the person who bought the least items gets a tick. at the end of the month the person with the least ticks gets for every tick the other people have 5$ so i better not forget it!

the only bus that could take me to school in time was leaving at 8:35 and i needed to walk to the bus stop which took me around 10 minutes. i normally go at around 8:20 because better too early than too late.

it was 7:55 and i had enough time to pack all the stuff i needed for this school day and at 8:20 i left the house.

~~

my bus took me to my school and i had still 15 minutes left until i had to go to spanish class. i went to my locker and got my text book and slowly made my way to spanish when i met kaya.

"Y/n where the fuck where you the last few days! you didn't get my messages and everytime i tried calling the only thing i heard was your stupid voicemail." she almost yelled.

"i had things to do K. i'm sorry but i wasn't on my phone very much" i told her. i wanted to tell her that i was at zayns house so bad but i just couldn't. we promised each other we won't tell anyone and if you're in love than you do everything to keep that up even if it means i have to lie to my best friend. also if watching movies and kissing and cuddling with zayn counts as 'things' then i didn't lie at all.

"oh and those things were way more important than me? i needed your help Y/n and you just didn't pick up or replied to my messages what the hell is going on with you?" kaya asked me and i could feel some looks on me.

"kaya can we please not talk about that in public ?" i said quite.

"Y/n just fucking tell me when you fuck with Zayn! I saw him look at your ass and you've had a crush on him for years! it was the perfect opportunity wasn't it? you got a own key for his house right? or did you break in? i saw you bring breakfast to him and i didn't see you leaving. just fucking tell me the next time you fuck around with someone and leave me alone!" i couldn't believe what she said there. it wasn't the truth and she was spying on me and zayn.
i've heard people around us gasp or laugh.

my eyes got watery and i couldn't believe that my best friend said something like that.
"i never had something with zayn but you know what? what if i did? would that be a problem? do you choose who i fuck with? because i don't think so kaya! only because you need a nerdy friend so you look cooler doesn't mean you can decide who i fuck with, who i love and especially not who i'm friends with. i thought you we were best friends but apparently we aren't. you are just a jealous, toxic and selfish bitch kaya." i yelled in her face and just left.

on my way outside i ran into zayn. "Y/n are you okay? are you crying?" he asked me and held me at my shoulders and looked at me. "you know what? kaya found out that i was at your house and told everyone we apparently fucked. but yeah i'm okay i've never been better" i said and was about to go when his hand held me back. "woah. hold on. she did what?" he asked. "are you even listening? she was spying on us and now told everyone we hooked up even tho we didn't!" i told him with tears running down my cheeks.

i could see how anger built up in him and i could see that he was planning something. "i'm sorry" i said and hugged him. his anger left his body and he hugged me back. "i fucked up" "no you didn't Y/n. you couldn't know that she was spying on us. it's not your fault." he tried comforting me. "you don't want to go back there right?" he asked. i shook my head. "then cmon. we go home." zayn said and put his arm around me as we walk outside to his car.