CHAPTER 9

when we walked we saw a few people from our school who gave us weird looks because no one would expect us to be friends or even more than that.

we walked a few minutes and zayn was walking in front of me, showing me the way to the place he spray painted.
sometimes he had to stop because he was walking way to fast for me and i was left behind.

"you good?" he asked.
"yeah. you just run away from me every 2 minutes" i laughed while i was breathing i little heavier.

"if i do this will this prevent me from running away from you?" he looked down in my eyes while grabbing my hand.
"i think that could work" i laughed, squeezing his hand a little. he laughed too and so we walked some more minutes down the road to the place zayn wanted to show me.

~

"here it is" zayn said "not our best work but pretty good i think"
"not your best? this looks amazing!" i say as i look at a whole wall full of colorful random things spray painted.

a red flower, a green super mario tube, a blue blueberry and a rainbow. wherever you looked at, there was a new drawing to discover.

"i like it. i really do. what did you spray?" i ask zayn while i'm still really impressed by that work.

"this one right here" he said and showed me a big red rose. "it looks beautiful. you did a great job!" i tell him while swinging me arms around his neck. his eyes are still focused on the wall when i gave him a little kiss on the cheek which made him go red a little. "great job" i said smiling and stepped back a little to look at some other paintings on the wall.

"thank you. you don't know how much this means to me" he says with a voice crack at the end. i could see that his eyes started to get watery and that he was fighting not to cry.

i made a few steps towards him again and hugged him again. i didn't hug him like did before. i gave him a hug that tells someone that this person is there for you. a hug that gives comfort.

he hugged me back and i saw some tears roll down his cheeks. he didn't get complimented very often and the only compliments he got were about his looks.

"no one ever liked my art except for my mom" he chuckled while i was wiping off a tear from zayns cheek. "you're art is truly amazing. i like it very very much" i said again and hugged him. now we were both looking at the painting he made.

~

when we were waking home he held my hand the whole time and made sure he would walk slower so i could keep up with him.

when we were home zayn asked a question i would never have expected. "do you wanna have a sleep over tonight? a sleepover as in "sleepover" and not as in "i'll let you stay at my house because all of your friends are drunk". does it sound good?"

of course i had to agree to it and we made a little plan what we should do tonight. this wasn't a boyfriend and girlfriend sleepover it's more like a best friend sleepover even though we weren't best friends.

"what about your parents? when will they come home?" i asked him while i was looking for some food for delivery on my phone.
"i agreed with my parents that i try living alone for a month or two while my parents are on a business trip. they are in spain right now so i don't think they'll come back in the next few days." he said.

"what about your parents?" he asked me. "are they okay with a sleepover at a boys house? you've been gone for a few days" he chuckled.

"i think they are okay with it i just told them i sleep over at kayas house. they won't ask her parents hopefully. but maybe i should get some stuff. all i have right now is a way too short dress and some clothes from your sisters..." i said while realizing that i wasn't at home for a few days and that i have worn zayn malik's sisters clothes.