Chapter One - Niall

I can't believe now, after so long, I saw him. He was on the oval with the rest of the college soccer team, running obsticles. I hadn't seen Louis for months, six months to be exact. I thought I had done well in putting the past behind me and that I would never have to see him ever again, but of course we had to be attending the same college. 

I took my eyes away from him and continued on my way back to my dorm room. After he broke my heart, and I broke up with him, I sulked for a full week, but that was it. I guess I realised that I didn't need to be crying over someone who's not worth it. He did afterall lie to me, and the sad part is, I don't know how much of our relationship was real. I'm betting on none of it. 

Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair, holding my books in the other, before opened the door to my room. I shared a room, like everyone else did around here. He was a great lad, very strict like a parent. But we got along, I even got along well with his boyfriend.

I stepped into the room and ignored the couple on the bed kissing, they always seem to be making out whenever I come home, I'm just glad they're not doing anything else. It happened, the first month we moved into the dorm. I finished my class so I came back to the room and walked in on the two under the covers doing the deed. 

"Oh, hey" Liam, my roommate, smile from underneath his boyfriend Zayn. 

Zayn was currently straddling Liam and leaning down to kiss him. In a way, I missed that, the couple stuff, but it's not like I haven't not been doing that type of thing.

"Hey guys" I smiled and dumped my books on my bed. "Do you want me to leave? I can meet up with Harry" 

"Isn't he your sex buddy?" Zayn asked curiously, sitting up on Liam's lap. Liam brought himself to rest on his elbows.

"No" I stated firmly at Zayn who put his hands up in surrender. "We just had a fling for a few months, that's it" Liam shook his head while I sat on my bed.

"I don't get how you and him are still close after you did that type of stuff together. I wouldn't be able to do it" Liam said. 

I just flipped through my text book and shrugged. "We just didn't feel anything, it was just sex, and if one of us did want to do date I'm sure we would agree to it" 

Liam and Zayn shared a look with each other before they turned back to me. I could tell they were wanting to ask me something, probably about some party they were going to attend, and well, 50% of the time, I decline. I'm still the same boy I was from highschool, wanting to do his homework.

"You can ask me guys" I said and saw them slightly jump. "Who's party is it?" I asked through a sigh and looked up at them. 

"Well, it's not a party per se" Liam said and pushed Zayn off his lap so he could sit up himself. "It's more of a get together, us two, you and Harry and we're going to try and bring Zayn's roommate along. He's very closed off about going out" I rolled my eyes. The two of them had been trying to set me up with this guy, but I don't need setting up, so every time he gets brought up, I push it away.

"When?" I asked.

"New years" Zayn said. I groaned. New Years out for a party, there will be people kissing at midnight and I didn't have anyone. "Come on Ni. You need to get out of that study brain of yours. You don't stop" 

"That's because I don't want to stop" I stated. "Look, I do what I want to do and you do what you want to" 

I had slightly changed over the six months. I tended to get angry at the simplest things and I actually spoke up when someone said something about me. I guess Louis did something good for me in the relationship. 

"Dude, chill" Zayn said coolly. "Look, we're just saying, come out for a night you don't have to get wasted or anything, just come out" 

"There's still a few days until New Years, let me think okay?" they nodded. 

I thanked them internally for not continuing the conversation, instead they cuddled together and talked in whispers about how much they love each other. 

Hearing them say stuff like that reminded me of Louis and I, and how we would lay in my bed at night and just say how much we loved each other before kissing softly. I am over him, I really am, it's just the feeling of being loved that I miss. Even if it was fake, I still miss it. 

After a few minutes I grew sick of the lovey words and decided to leave. I stood up, grabbed my phone and my keys and walked out. They probably didn't even realise I had left, and I didn't care.

As I walked down the hallway of the dorms I looked at my phone typing in Harry's number. Harry didn't attend the same college as me, but his was only a five minute drive from where mine is, and that wasn't too bad.

Brodie and Chelsea didn't move to London, they decided to stay and attened college back home.

"Hello" Harry's voice chirped happily from across the line. 

"Hey, are you free right now. I need to talk to you" I asked. 

"Yeah, wanna come 'round?" Harry asked. He didn't live on campus like a lot of students, he had enough money to go rent out his own house, so he did that with a roommate, who happened to be a girl. According to Harry no one wanted to rent with him when they found out he was gay. 

"Okay. I'll be about ten minutes. See ya" I hung up my phone and pocketed it and headed off to my car to drive to Harry's. 

A/N what did you think of the first chapter? You like? Comment and vote then! :D