Chapter Fourteen - Louis

I groaned as I stretched, leaning down to touch my toes. I was on the soccer field warming up for practice. I literally just got to training in time, and very painfully at that. Last night I spent it at Niall's and we had the most incredible time, before he passed out that was.

When I woke up, late, at just after seven I jumped out of bed and sprinted around his dorm getting ready. I was honestly that sore from last night it took me an extra ten minutes. I was thankful I had spare training clothes in my locker. I didn't have enough time to go to my dorm first.

"Ay Tommo" a team mate said happily patting my back.

"Hey" I replied, cursing the pain in my backside. 

"You alright mate?" he asked. No, I'm not really, I had a dick up my ass last night without much prep at all. I really wanted to say that, but that would make it even more awkward for myself. 

"Yeah. Long night" I replied. He sniggered, he obviously knew what I had gotten up to. I wouldn't be surprised, nearly the whole team knows about my sexual oreintation. 

"I bet" he continued. I shook my head and sat down on the grass my legs out as far as they would go then leaned over each side. 

I felt bad for leaving Niall this morning. I had to yet again leave, but this time I left him a note, that was better than nothing right? I just really hoped he would forgive me, if not I don't think I had any chances left to regain our relationship. If that failed maybe I should find that chick I hooked up with, she seemed nice enough. 

"Boys!" the coach called. "Game time" I got up and grumbled at the discomfort. The coach begun to call out names for each team. I was happy when I could be on the skins team. 

The rest of my team took off their shirts and threw them to the side, we all ran onto the feild, and the coach stood in the middle of it. He placed the ball down and ran back to the side lines. His whistle blew and the team ran to their designated spots.

We played for about an hour before we stopped, as I walked off the feild and to my bottle, which was thankfully in my locker as well, I saw Niall standing, more so leaning, on the fence with his arms folded over his chest. He didn't look exactly happy. 

"Hey, I gotta see someone" my team nodded and I jogged over to Niall, holding my water bottle in my hand. I was sore, and not just in my backside, and tired, I really wanted to go home and sleep. "Hey" I said to Niall when I stood in front of him.

"Hi" he was quiet. "Um. I got your note" I nodded.

"I'm sorry about that" I replied. "I really was late, I just made it on time" he nodded. 

"About last night" he started slowly. I chugged my water. "I would like to say it was a mistake, what we did" I swear I felt my heart breaking. "I would like to say that. But I don't think I can. Louis for some damned reason since I saw you again I can't stop thinking about you in some way" 

"I haven't stopped thinking about you" I told him honestly. He has been on my mind ever since we broke up. Niall smiled and blushed. "So. What does this mean?"  he shrugged. 

"I-I don't know. I don't know if I'm ready to be in a relationship with you" my heart broke all over again. "Let's give it a few months?" I smiled. 

"Okay" it almost seemed at this point we should kiss. But it wouldn't be appropriate. So I let it go."I have to head back, wanna go out for  lunch?" 

"Sounds good. I'll wait here" I nodded and jogged back to my team and coach to listen to the last pieces of information.

When I got dismissed I joined Niall again, my shirt hanging off my shoulder and my water bottle in my hand. I pretty much dragged my bag along behind me. Until Niall took it away from me and carried it himself. 

"Where do you want to go for lunch?" he asked. "Pizza?" I hummed. I haven't had pizza in what feels like ages. 

"Sounds great. Mind if I go back to shower first? I smell" Niall looked at me for a moment as we walked, really thinking about his answer. He shook his head and didn't say anything. 

We walked back to my dorm, I dumped my bag next to my bed, said hello to Liam and Zayn who were watching a movie in bed. They eyed us curiously but didn't say anything. 

"I shouldn't be long" I said to Niall. "Take a seat" he nodded and walked to my bed. He sat down and went on to his phone immediately.

I showered quickly, but enough to make sure I didn't smell still. I climbed out the shower, dried myself and changed into a pair of jeans and a turtle neck. It was actually quite cold outside when I wasn't running around. 

I walked back out of the bathroom and into the main room. Niall was sitting awkwardly on my bed on his phone while Zayn and Liam made out on the bed. They really needed to show respect for people.

"You ready?" I asked Niall. His attention shot up quickly. He nodded and jumped off the bed heading towards the door before I had even taken another step.

I said goodbye to the two on the bed but they didn't reply. I stepped out of the room and met Niall out there. He smiled shyly, his cheeks reddening slightly.

"So. Pizza?" Niall nodded.

"Sounds great" We walked off down the hallways until we reached outside. It was cold and I wrapped my coat around myself tighter. As we walked to my car, I swear I felt his hand bump into mine deliberately, as if he wanted to hold my hand. 

I bit my lip, and blushed, I really wanted to hold his hand again. I actually wanted to press him up against my car, hold his hand and kiss him sweetly. 

We climbed into my car and I turned the heater on straight away. It was quiet as we waited for the heater to warm the car.

"You know" Niall started. "We went for pizza on our first date" I glanced at him.

"So we did" I said and begun to pull out of park. "Want to go somewhere else?"

"No" he said simply. "I like pizza" I chuckled. 

I drove down the street and pulled up in a parking space of a pizza place. We climbed out and found some seats. I ordered pizza and returned back to Niall while they cooked it. 

It was nice to laugh and joke with Niall again, I loved that. It was one of the best parts of our relationship. But I ruined that by taking that stupid bet. In a way, I guess I was happy for it. But then again, it made me feel the worst pain I could have ever felt.

We finished our pizza and I took him home. I walked him to his dorm and said goodbye, no hug, no kiss, no contact. Just a simple goodbye. I wish I had him in my life again

A/N I really wish this was better