Chapter Eight - Louis

I stood at a table with Liam and Zayn, they were talking about the countdown for New Years and who's dorm they were going to go after midnight. I wasn't going to enjoy myself, I knew that much. After sleeping with Charly the other day, twice, I realised it didn't feel right. Nothing felt right, unless I was with Niall.

I heard the door to the pub open, I looked up and saw Brodie and Chelsea walk in. I groaned and rolled my eyes. They hated me ever since Niall dumped me. I did deserve it, but I didn't mean it. I meant to tell him I made that bet, but I didnt. I looked down and played with the cardboard coaster on the table.

"Hey, you made it" Liam said happily. I looked up and caught the eyes of someone I never thought I would ever be this close to ever again.

"Niall" I pretty much whispered, at the same time Niall said my name. I couldn't believe Niall was in front of me.

"You two know each other?" Liam asked confused with his eyebrows furrowed. We nodded.

"What's he doing here?" Niall faced Liam, slight anger on his face. Liam looked surprised and unsure of what to say.

"It's Zayn's roommate" Niall shook his head. He wasn't happy, I was though, I could see Niall up close again. He was so beautiful, those eyes that were now not hidden by glasses, his arms now bigger and strong, and.... A tattoo? "How do you know him?" Niall eyed me with icy eyes.

"We dated" he spat. "But it was a lie. Wasn't it?" everyone looked at me. Brodie, Chelsea, Liam, Zayn and Harry. I hate Harry.

"Sort of" I whispered and looked down at my half empty drink. Half empty, seems I look at the world in a negative way.

"Pfft, whatever" Niall scoffed. He shook his head and looked up at Harry. "Want a drink?" he wrapped his arm around Harry's waist. Harry smiled and nodded. I swear my heart broke a little. They were together.

I watched Niall walk off to the bar, and everyone else chatted amongst themselves. Harry was looking at me with evil eyes before joining in conversation with Liam and Zayn. Quickly, I sckulled my drink and walked up to the bar where Niall was standing waiting for his drinks. I knew this would end badly. But I needed to speak to him.

"Hi" I said quietly to Niall. He looked at me, then away.

"Hi" he replied bitterly. I sighed. "What do you want?"

"Just to talk" I told him. "It's good to see you. You look, good. Really good"

The bartender handed the drinks to Niall and he thanked him. "Yeah, I know. It's all thanks to you. Not that you deserve the gratifaction"

"Niall" I whined. "Everything to do with our relationship was true! I love you, I-I didn't mean for it to end that way" Niall shook his head.

"Our relationship was built on a bet. A fucking bet! It wasn't real"

"It was! I swear it was" a few people looked at us, but then looked away again. "I told you things I have never told anyone before. I have never felt anything like I have when I was with you"

"Whatever Louis," he said and walked off back to the table. Quickly I got my drink and hurried back.

I got to the table and Niall's beer was already half gone. I have really got to start looking at the world positively.

"So, Louis. Got anyone?" Chelsea asked, her tone was icy and knowing.

"No. I don't, not that it's any of your buisness" I replied. "You still shagging tosser over there?" she scowled at me, but Niall didn't say anything. He ignored us and spoke to Harry. Those two are perfect for each other. I know I'm no good for anyone.