Chapter Thirty-One - Niall

The first few weeks were the worst. Louis spent all his time with Charly at her place, helping care for their child, and I couldn't be mad about that. He had a family now. But I felt odd, jealous. I shouldn't. But I knew it was because I believed they were sharing a bed, spending a lot of close time with each other, and I was missing out on it. Again. Of course Louis spent time with me, I was over a few days helping care for Kate, and Charly was fine with that. She was okay with her daughter growing up with two dads and a mum. But I was still jealous. 

I was busy also, getting everything ready to pack up to move out in my own place, moving on with my career and Louis would be doing that soon himself. We hadn't spoken about where we would be living. Whether we would be having a house together or whether he was going to living with Charly and Kate. We needed that talk but it hadn't came up yet. 

"Sorry I'm late, lost track of time" Louis explained, walking into our dorm breathless. He walked up to me, sitting at the desk with my laptop in front of me, and pressed a kiss to my cheek. 

"It's alright" I replied shrugging it off like it was nothing. It wasn't really. Not when it was bothering me so much. Ever since the birth my mind has been reeling with endless possibilities of what could come in our life. I just didn't know what to do. 

"How was your morning?" he asked dumping his overnight bag next to the bed before sitting down on the comfortable mattress. 

"Alright, looking for houses" Louis hummed. 

"Anything catch your eye?" I still couldn't read if he wanted to live with me or not. I didn't know what his plans were. Nothing has been said. 

"No, not yet," I paused for a second. "Lou, I wanna ask you something" I turned to face him. He looked at me with a smile on his face.  "What's your living plans?" he frowned. 

"What do you mean? I thought we would be getting a place together, I mean we are together right?" part of me relaxed a little. "I guess we hadn't really spoken about it have we? Come here, come talk" Louis moved to the head of our bed, patting his legs for me to sit on top of. 

I got up and walked over to our bed and sat on his lap. We smiled at each other, kissing softly for a moment. I missed this. The simpleness of our relationship. 

"So, a house?" I nodded. "Well, we are obviously going to share this right?" I nodded. That's what couples do, right? And it's not like we're not going to be poor. "I was thinking, a nice house. Really nice. Few extra bedrooms?" 

"A few?" I questioned. 

"Well... We need a guest bedroom for our friends, and  I need a bedroom for when Kate is staying" my mood dropped. I didn't mean for it to, but it did. Louis picked up on it immediately. "Hey, you alright?" 

"Yeah. Sorry. You're right" I smiled. "Not like we're not gonna have money" I joked to lighten the mood. Things didn't feel as comfortable as they used to, Louis could tell I wasn't the same anymore and I hated he knew that. 

"Hey, its been a while since we y'know..." his fingers danced up my chest. I hummed in agreeance. "You wanna?" I nodded. I had missed sex with Louis so bad its been too long since we've really done anything. 

I connected our lips immediately, tongue pushing in to his mouth licking inside. Louis's hands roamed my body, moving under my shirt, his cold hands making my body shiver. I pulled away, kissing down his neck, sucking and nipping at his neck. He whined. 

"This has felt like it's been too long" Louis groaned, his hand gripped my hair. 

"Because it has been" I nibbled along his jaw. "What do you want me to do to you?" I whispered into his ear.