Chapter Four - Louis

I stood at a table at the pub with Jesse, the guy from my team, with a drink in hand. It was only about 10 o'clock and we'd been here for about an hour. We were trying to spot people for each other. Jesse spotted out a few guys, I just didn't have the guts to go up to them, I really need to go to a gay bar if I wanted a guy.

"What about her?" I pointed to a black haired girl standing with a group of girls. She looked good, no doubts about it. But she wasn't my taste. Jesse nodded with a sly smile and went to go chat her up.

He walked up to them, smilied and tried some pick up line that the girls found disgusting, according to their facial expressions and ignored him from then on. He walked back to me glum and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Well that was a fail" he took a drink of his beverage and went back to spotting girls for me to hopefully get some action tonight.

We looked around the pub, not having much luck until he spotted a girl standing at the bar. She looked good from behind. Brown, wavy, hair pulled up into a pony tail. She wore a white dress that had flowers scattered over it with a pair of white wedges.

"What about her" he motioned to her. "She looks lonely too, you may get lucky" he nudged me.

"Yeah. Okay" I took a sip of my drink then walked over to her. I was nervous, I don't understand why, it's not like I haven't done this before.

When I reached her, she was playing with one of the cardboard coasters that sat on the bar, turning it in her hands. I stood next to her and spoke a greeting which obviously startled her.

"Sorry" she said through an embarrassed smile. Immediately, I picked up she had an accent. Australian.

"I should apologise" I said smoothly. "Can I buy you a drink?" just as I said that the bar tender placed a drink in front of her. "Or I could pay you for that drink" she lightly chuckled.

"Charly" she introduced her self, holding out her hand.

"Louis" I smiled and shook her hand. "So, you're Australian?" she nodded and sipped from her drink.

"Sure am"

"What brings you to London?" she sighed sadly and looked at her drink for a moment. I was just about to tell her she didn't need to answer, but I didn't get the chance, she was already talking.

"I just needed to leave. I had too many bad things there" she shook her head, getting rid of the thoughts and changed the subject. "So Louis, what do you do?"

"I'm studying at Uni. I really want to be a pro soccer player, but I don't see that happening" I chuckled, lightening the mood. "What about a pretty girl like you?"

"I work in child care. I got a job at the day care just outside of London, another reason I moved here" I nodded.

"I'm sorry, but has anyone ever told you how pretty you are?" I asked her, it may be cheesy, and it wasn't just a pick up line, she really was a pretty girl.

She looked down again, a slight frown on her face. "Honestly, no, they haven't" I was gobsmacked.

"Well, they're blind" she smiled and blushed. "Can I kiss you?" she nodded. So I leaned in and kissed her. She kissed back and it was my first real kiss since Niall dumped me. I did deserve to be dumped, but that's not the point I'm making.

When I pulled away I almost felt like I didn't want to. I wanted to keep kissing her because I needed something like that again. Whether it be a fling or a relationship, I needed that. Her eyes were closed a fraction longer than mine, but when she opened them her eyes shone slightly.