Chapter Twenty-Seven - Niall

Louis was out on the field, I could see him from our window, he was kicking goals. He was getting ready to impress the club managers who were coming to watch the team. I on the other hand was waiting for a call. 

I sent my record off to many different record labels and I was waiting for a call from anyone of them. I had been for days, but I knew today would be the day. I could feel it and I was anxious for it to come. I wanted it so badly. I could definitely make this a career. I knew I could. 

I sat at the desk I claimed as mine and dropped my pen to the desk and pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose. My eyes get irritated wearing them all day everyday. I was attempting to write my own song, but it was really hard. Nothing good was coming to my mind. I was using Louis, because he was my everything, but the words weren't cooperating how I wanted them to. 

I rubbed my temples and leaned back in the chair, thinking about when Louis would be returning. He had been spending even more time with Charly, she was due, really soon. I was getting nervous, when this baby comes what's going to happen? What will happen if I get this record deal? What will happen- My thoughts were cut off by my phone ringing. Gulping I picked it up and saw my first choice of record company's number. I saved them all to my phone so I knew to definitely answer it. 

"Hello?" I answered semi-professional. My nerves got the better of me.

"Niall Horan?" the man asked. 

"Yes, this is Niall"

"Good, this is Jeffrey Forester, I'm calling because we have listened to your demo, very impressive work, I must say" I smiled widely. I was overjoyed. "My team and I have made up a contract and would like you to join us, if you could gather your people we would love to see you next Thursday for the meeting" 

"Yes. Yes definitely, I will be there, thank you so much Mr Forester" I said immediately. I cannot believe I was offered a contract. My life was going somewhere, and somewhere good. I cannot believe this. 

"Good to hear, we will see you next week" they hung up and as soon as they did, I jumped for joy cheering my heart out. 

Through the commotion I was making I hadn't realised Louis had entered our room until his arms were around my body. I stopped jumping and smiled as he pressed a kiss to my neck. 

"Hi baby" I slightly giggled. I felt nice with hims saying that against my neck. "What's with all the commotion?" I grinned and turned to face him.

"I got offered a contract Lou. A recording label wants me! They actually want me!" 

"That's amazing. Was it the one you wanted?" I nodded and he picked me up. "We have to go out and celebrate. Just let me shower" our lips were pressed together momentarily. "Oh, and you like might fine with your glasses Horan" he winked before leaving me alone. 

While Louis showered I had to tell my family the news. I dialled my home number and waited for someone to answer, it rung more times then it normally would and when they answered I couldn't help myself. I blurted it out in one breath. 

But I didn't get the response I wanted from them. Instead it was something that I didn't want to hear, not for a long time, but it had to come sooner or later, right?

"Niall..." my mums voice was soft and quiet but also a little hoarse. "Gran died" my mouth fell open and tears pooled in my eyes. I wasn't sure if I spoke or she just continued to talk. "She had a heart attack last night, they couldn't revive her in time" I was a loss for words. This couldn't be happening. She didn't even get to hear I made it. 

My phone fell out of my grasp without my hanging up, it fell to my desk still on the line with my mum. She was trying to get my attention but I was in too much shock to reply, or even move. It was then Louis came out from the bathroom in just a towel and damp hair speaking to me about where to go. I still didn't respond.

"Ni, what's going on?" he asked worriedly where I sat unmoving. He must have seen my phone and the name on my phone because he had it up to his ear instantly. 

"Mrs Horan? It's Louis, is Niall okay?" I heard her mumbling to Louis about what happened. "Oh. I'm sorry for your loss" more talking that I couldn't hear. "I'll let him know, thank you" he hung up. "Ni" he spoke quietly. My eyes lifted up to his. 

"She's gone Lou" he smiled sadly. 

"Yeah, I'm sorry Ni" I reached up and wrapped my arms around him and cried into his chest, this is not what I needed today. "Her funeral's next week. Friday, we should probably go down Thursday" I shook my head. 

"My meeting is Thursday" I spoke in sobs. Louis walked us backwards to our bed and sat us down. 

"We'll go after the meeting. It will be okay. We'll be there" I looked up at him. I probably looked terrible, tears and snot and red eyes. He smiled as he took off my glasses. "Lie down, and relax okay? I'll get some food" I nodded and curled myself in a ball. 

"Louis. Can you call Harry" a look of hurt spread across his face but he still nodded and did as I asked him too. 

The conversation was short and to the point but I assumed he was coming down to see me. I waited patiently, watching Louis put his clothes on so he was decent for when Harry came by. It took him 30 minutes to show up and when he arrived he practically barged through the door walking over to me on the bed. I wrapped my arms around him tightly and nestled my face into his neck. 

"How you doing?" he asked wiping my tears away. I didn't try to stop him, that should be Louis's job, but I was allowing Harry to.

"She was like my best friend Harry" I sobbed, his arms wrapped around my body tightly. 

"I'm going to get some food. Do you want anything Harry?" Harry still didn't like Louis, after what he did to me, he's never forgiven him, no matter how much I have tried to convince him and no matter how nice Louis was. But in this moment, I saw the look on Harry's face. Soft and caring. A small smile spread on his face, it was almost like he was sorry. Harry nodded. "I'll be back soon, um, call if you need" Louis offered and walked out of the dorm, leaving Harry and I alone.

"I need to lie down" I mumbled, Harry let me go and rested me on my side. "Lie with me" Harry bit his lip and looked at the door Louis just exited. 

"I don't think I should-" I cut him off. 

"We're not fucking Harry, just lie with me" I was not in the place to be mad and all I wanted was my friend. He sighed and climbed on the bed with me. It took me back to last year when we had our 'fling' and Harry would always hold me like this. I closed my eyes allowing tears to roll carelessly down my face. How could a day go from great to terrible in a matter of seconds. 

A/N okay, filler its terrible I'm sorry :( I hoped this would go better. Also, I made a new cover. What do you think?